antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: telementary

Post by antus »

Plan b doesnt look so good because the device sounds too smart. It runs a different port speed to link speed and has auto error correction, but you'd want 8192 baud (which it doesnt look to support) with no error correction as TP would just throw away a corrupted frame and look for the next one. Better than getting an old frame, late.

The beauty of the jaycar one is that it can take an 8192 baud signal and modulate it without interpreting it as data.

Probably a simple transistor power amp on the jaycar kit might solve the problems. Probably even only 1 watt out would be fine for around mallala.

What type of racing do you do down there? Im getting my track gemini back on saturday and plan to be doing a lot of sprints and drifts at mallala after that.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

There are some higher power units that work the same as what you have, they are still normally only around 10dbm max but can get much better receivers that will go over half a km. I think that 10dbm (10mW) is actually the limit on the ISM band, would need to check that out though.
kaBOOM
cars: Sirius Deej, VL Calais Turbo

Post by kaBOOM »

charlay86 wrote:I think he meant TunerPro/Scanner Pro.
8192 wouldn't need to be full duplex if the 12p code was modified such that it transmits the required data without first having to wait for a request
Ah O.K I understand now :) I made a reasonable 160 Baud Scanner Pro file, so I 'spoze I'll get at it

I'll burn myself a chip that supports 8192 and mod myself a ECU to suit, then I'll see if I can get my link to work at a higher baud. I should re-design the transmitter cct, its a bit crude, I ran out of bits, and that old optocoupler was all I had around.

/Doing anything atm to stop my throat from hurting...its a good distraction.
...when in doubt, simply throw more electronics at it!
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

futurlec have 500mW transceivers:
http://www.futurlec.com.au/RadioModules.jsp
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

VL400, would it be possible to have something setup so you can flick a switch to start the ecm sending the data out ? might not even be needed .... does having it sending all the time effect anything performance wise ?
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Shouldnt affect it too much, but could have it switchable (that will need some code changes though).

As it is now its not hard to start and stop as its all in the ALDL config. There is a message scheduler for VATS, just need to add the address of an existing message and it will be sent every 100mS (or when there is free time). If you use the configurable message 6 you can adjust it to suit what params you want to see. It stops Txing the message if you disable chatter.
kaBOOM

Post by kaBOOM »

So it is possible you could make a bin file that simply has the 8192 data comeing out of it all the time? If I want to turn it off, a plain old mechanical switch will get the gig....
As it is now its not hard to start and stop as its all in the ALDL config. There is a message scheduler for VATS, just need to add the address of an existing message and it will be sent every 100mS (or when there is free time). If you use the configurable message 6 you can adjust it to suit what params you want to see. It stops Txing the message if you disable chatter.
ERm, I'll have to rig TP up and find out how to do the thing....I'm still trying to come to grips with your (wonderful) custom code...

*Sigh* 5D was so much easier...
What type of racing do you do down there? Im getting my track gemini back on saturday and plan to be doing a lot of sprints and drifts at mallala after that.
Me? Sprints. Tho the delco powered stuff I generally don't own or drive. I simply like making cars/stuff. The main toy is my Boss's Supercharged Alfa Romeo powered group 2A open sports car. The decendant of that engine is slated for a few of the guys on the track in their Alfa Romeo 33's. I like the idea of keeping tabs on what they are doing to "my" engine :) Big brother is watching you...

/needs to make a thread on his cars....
VL400

Post by VL400 »

kaBOOM wrote:So it is possible you could make a bin file that simply has the 8192 data comeing out of it all the time? If I want to turn it off, a plain old mechanical switch will get the gig....
With some code mods an external switch could be used to start/stop it. Will add it in the next release on pin C15.

The only thing is we will need to work out if TP will handle a message that it did not request.
kaBOOM

Post by kaBOOM »

O.K I just built myself a 8192 Comms mod on a spare ECU I had, burnt off a chip (had to dig big time to find a 27C256 :think: ) , got it going, and piped the output (pre Max232) accross the wireless link. Looks pretty solid on the CRO.

Erm, I wrote a pretty basic 160baud system on Scanner pro: If I use this basic idea, but set the packet lengh to 60, and go from there. It just treats it like a 160 baud imput, but faster and with more data. It simply gets hit with it. :)

Well that the plan....erm I guess I'll see if I can make it work

Oh and don't go killing all the inputs with features, I still need a simple on/off brake status switch input flag! How then am I meant to abuse people about missing their braking points!?!? :D :lol:

BTW Cheers for the work you do man :)

Edit:

Just a update, a good way to see if everything was working, is to combine the transmitter stage with the high speed comms mod. Plug your high speed comms mod into one computer, the receiver into another computer and then fire up hyper-terminal....you should be able to type text from one computer to another wirelessly...
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

kaBOOM wrote:Oh and don't go killing all the inputs with features, I still need a simple on/off brake status switch input flag! How then am I meant to abuse people about missing their braking points!?!? :D :lol:
B12 ; 0-25v A/D Input

already in there .... that should give you a nice 12v reading when the brake is applied!