HPTUNERS converting hpt files to bin?

Thought Of A Good Feature To Add Tell Everyone About It Here
smik

HPTUNERS converting hpt files to bin?

Post by smik »

Hi all new to the site lots of good info
IM asking has anyone converted hpt files to bin and vs?
Thanks all
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: HPTUNERS converting hpt files to bin?

Post by Tazzi »

Find a tool that can read the ECU out as a raw bin.

That way, you can write the ECU with the desired hpt file using hptuners, then read it back out again using the other tool.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
RoninDusette
cars: 2015 Chevy Cruze LT (Trifecta, CAI, lowered)
1991 Honda CRX Si (gutted, waiting for love)
2004 Ford Focus SE
2015 Chevy Malibu
2002 Saturn SL

Post by RoninDusette »

Tazzi wrote:Find a tool that can read the ECU out as a raw bin.

That way, you can write the ECU with the desired hpt file using hptuners, then read it back out again using the other tool.
Any suggestions on how to do this with a 2015 cruze? E78 ECM. i have a kess and it will pull the file, butnot all of it. I am also trying to find other software that can communicate with Kess if you have any suggestions.
RoninDusette
cars: 2015 Chevy Cruze LT (Trifecta, CAI, lowered)
1991 Honda CRX Si (gutted, waiting for love)
2004 Ford Focus SE
2015 Chevy Malibu
2002 Saturn SL

Post by RoninDusette »

Hola. So I have been playing around with this stuff still. So, where i am at is that when I have an HPT tune on my vehicle, I can read it out with my kess no problem, and it comes out as a 3mb file when pulled with kess. I was told that this is not the whole thing. Now, I have pulled the stock one with Kess, and it's the same size. Actually mostly filled with FF. I actually bricked a spare ecu and need to get another to play with, but one thing I tried was to dump the memory while my bin as open in HPT, and when I diff it, short of very few things, there is a chunk in the memory dump that matchesmy kess bin. I am at the point where i am tired of dicking around with HPT, and because I have WinOLS available, I am wanting to just learn how to map this stuff out.

I did the following successfully and to my surprise, it seemed to work:

Read out whatever is on the computer with Kess (in my case, an e78 ecu), pulled it open in anotehr tuning app and exported it's map data as csv, which shows all of the values, x,y,z access, scaling values, etc. How would I bring this into WinOLS or create an xdf or something I can work with at all? I still really, really want to know how to convert an HPT file to a bin so that I can flash it, because it's killing me not knowing how it works. haha.
j man
cars: 03 sierra, 96 blazer, 05 sequoia, 02 regal

Post by j man »

Use an OBD Link LX Bluetooth adapter and use an android device with ls droid installed and it will read the ecm and store it as a bin file.