GM You done f*cked UP with programming

A place For General Chit Chat Etc

Re: GM You done f*cked UP with programming

Postby Tazzi » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:12 am

There is a notice on the acdelco site that the VZ-VE is still being fixed... and by that I believe they mean still being ported to the new system. :roll:

SPS1 can still be purchased at $78+gst for 24hours access. Since you have wasted a credit, if you contact them, they should generate you a free SPS1 session.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Site:www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Postby Tazzi » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:26 am

I've found their system so unreliable, that I went to the extent of rigging up my own Tazzi-SPS to pull the latest calibration numbers.. and will host the files on a local server to pull into software.
Im still working on pulling the actual calibration files down for any missing, but they appear to called using a secure socket connection to their servers. Its technically a simple request.. ie... gmservername.com/getCalibrationID (along those lines) and then a post frame is sent.. but this request is sent after the socket connection sends the encrypted data to a proxy server.

About ready to just decompile SPS2.. import in IDE and just start stepping through the code until it can be pulled 1 by 1 :lol:

LocalServer.PNG
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Site:www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Postby hsv08 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:02 am

Im so over the clunky Techline system and the hit and miss SPS2 system. Why couldn't they wait to export everything into it before making it a mandatory shift!!!! Good work Tazzi, perhaps GM should employ you, as clearly your systems are far more reliable then theirs :lol: :lol: :lol:

Postby Gareth » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:16 am

Tazzi wrote:There is a notice on the acdelco site that the VZ-VE is still being fixed... and by that I believe they mean still being ported to the new system. :roll:

SPS1 can still be purchased at $78+gst for 24hours access. Since you have wasted a credit, if you contact them, they should generate you a free SPS1 session.

Thanks Tazzi, I didn't realize that :thumbup:

So I pulled the trigger on a days access, got up to programming and get bounced on "Unknown ECU hardware. No reprogramming possible. Hardware number - 01273057" tried both replace and reprogram.

I flashed another "stock" file and got something to the effect of "software too new?"
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...

Postby Gareth » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:37 am

That other bounce reads “E4419: Unknown ECU software detected which might be a newer version. Programming process is stopped.”

Postby Gareth » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:57 am

Righto, the fix for that was to use the wrong vin :think:

I was changing the vin on each file to match the car, got a base file on it now :thumbup:

Previous

Return to Off Topic