Immortalities totally random thread

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
brindo

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by brindo »

A single nozzle used on the inlet would be pretty small to start with, so you’d need to be even smaller again for direct port nozzles. I think they recommend that the water flow can be up to 8% of fuel flow.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

is that just for water or water/meth ?
brindo

Post by brindo »

That was just for water I thought.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

if that's the case you could probably put more in if its 50% meth.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

I kept the car this morning while the missus is at work.

Sorted out a blown head light bulb. Swapped back to the standard WP pulley and have the wiring sorted for the MAT sensor. I carefully un-taped the wiring loom for the IAT/MAF section, removed all the split corrugated tubing etc and pulled the IAT sensor wiring plug back. Routed it to the DFI loom and then taped it up nicely, run it under the DFI module etc. Re-taped the other stuff back up with corrugated tubing so it all looks factory again.

Took her around the block for a quick spin on the current tune. The aircon system is telling me it's about 23°C outside. Idling I'm seeing just over 50°C in the LIM and giving it a boot full on the motorway it got up to 77°C. On the current tune it would have been boost limiting and pulling out a fair bit of timing so I have just altered the relevant tables and Will give it another try.
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Post by 0081 »

What pulley are you running?
immortality

Post by immortality »

OK, so those earlier numbers were for a cold start......

Just went down the road to pick up some shit and Friday night traffic is here very early today.....

Started her up and IAT's were over 80°C after 20 minutes of heat soak. After that sitting in traffic ques everywhere it was consistently showing 77°C and the only chance I had to sink the boot and get the boost/revs up it hit 98°C but it felt good, pulled hard unfortunately only really managed just get into 2nd before I had to back out. No doubt it would get a little warmer if i had kept going. For now I'll set it so it starts to pull timing progressively from 104°C onward, that should keep it reasonably safe.
Last edited by immortality on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
immortality

Post by immortality »

0081 wrote:What pulley are you running?
Mods to date are, 3.4" pulley, MACE CAI with my mod to increase cold air. 69mm TB and larger elbow, Ported LIM. Standard exhaust manifolds/Cats with full twin V8 exhaust system.

Edit: I've got a 2bar MAP sensor with my datalogger and it was seeing about 11psi in the LIM which isn't bad considering the 3.4" (10psi) pulley fitted :D
immortality

Post by immortality »

Picked the missus up late this arvo, cruising up the motorway IAT's set consistently at 59-60°C (outside temp still 23°C). Wondering now what effect the spacer will have........

Turned off lean cruise and took a datalog. Haven't gone back over it yet but be interesting to see where the fuel trims sit now.

The mystery of the traffic was solved too, car on fire about 11km down the motorway fairly much backed traffic up almost into town. Everybody leaving early today because of the long weekend :(
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

Long weekend? what's it for?