VS KEY programming

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
TTVN
cars: TT 355 VN, Rearmount turbo 355 vp, cammed 355 hj60 landcruiser, vx clubby n efilive VZ ls1 wagon

VS KEY programming

Post by TTVN »

Hey guys does anyone know how to program a VS keyfob without having another fob to be read off or a scantool to prompt the bcm into key writing????

i have a customer that just bought a vs and has no fob on it and he swears that u just leave the ignition on and it writes to the fob because he has done a locksmith course and it worked on a camry once lol

does anyone know a process for key fob coding iv heard some people say u can do it without scan tool but i cant find the details

cheers
delcowizzid

Re: VS KEY programming

Post by delcowizzid »

the key gets programmed by the locksmith and its finalized in the ignition you cant just program a blank incar
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
TTVN
cars: TT 355 VN, Rearmount turbo 355 vp, cammed 355 hj60 landcruiser, vx clubby n efilive VZ ls1 wagon

Post by TTVN »

thanks mate
a locksmith needs an old working fob to read off though dont they
iv done hundreds with the scan tool but i dont have scantool access atm
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

can get the info needed from the vin via holden i think dunno never mess with keys if they die or go missing i just fit a memcal with vats turned off LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
The1

Post by The1 »

yeh locksmith starts the key from the old fob, which is then finished usually by an ignition cycle, tech1 can program a blank fob in the car without the original.

The pin from your vin from holden is to access the extra functions, remove old keys etc.

How you could buy a car without a working key and having to wait to get it started, sounds sus.
TTVN

Post by TTVN »

he is a licenced car dealer , car has been sitting and bought it for next to nothing
fob was broken and misplaced , its all legit. i would disable vats etc but he wants the cent lock working

i need to buy a scantool doh