Toyota Carby to EFI

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
delcowizzid

Re: Toyota Carby to EFI

Post by delcowizzid »

ive been hunting out the chip and schematic mate no luck yet .bit of useless info to most http://www.deviantmethods.com/bigmoose/pages/knock.htm but a good read im liking my new delphi knock sensor more now after seeing the clean output from it heres a pic of one
ZZCAFYMOWFCA24K30ECAYNS4SNCAFY70RFCAMDKUJQCAY74ZJACA06956RCA4FBBP5CATWF129CALQVT68CA252VNJCA58XV2ZCA749BB9CAYG1G7NCAPC6S5RCANLL5B8CAG2RI1OCAGW7KQTCA6BA3E6.jpg
ZZCAFYMOWFCA24K30ECAYNS4SNCAFY70RFCAMDKUJQCAY74ZJACA06956RCA4FBBP5CATWF129CALQVT68CA252VNJCA58XV2ZCA749BB9CAYG1G7NCAPC6S5RCANLL5B8CAG2RI1OCAGW7KQTCA6BA3E6.jpg (1.95 KiB) Viewed 5833 times
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

so that would be attached to the motor with a bolt through it i assume ?

that would be handy for someone like me that has a holden 6 cylinder which really doesn't have a good easy spot to attach a knock sensor to it!!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

yeah mate shes nice and small and just bolts on.can connect it to an amplifyer and listen for knock i dont think a GM knock filter will like it.but those cheap kids spyear toys at the supermarket for under $5 bucks will work well with it
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

hahahahah nice :)
ToyHicko
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car

Post by ToyHicko »

That's the style of knock sensor I have on my car. I haven't actually gone to the effort of doing that kind of analysis of it but.

I have done some digging on the web and found a chip for knock sensor filtering TPIC8101 by Texas Instruments (data sheet). Could this be the chip your talking about. Also found detail about HIP9010/HIP9011 by Harris chip as filter but no longer supplied.

Just have to work out how to interface it with Delco ecu.
monaro308
cars: VT S1 LS1 C/dore track car
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

Hey Delco that looks familiar :mrgreen:
Those sensors are available from the HFV6 c/dores and Gen4 engines.
If you have an AUX input in the stereo/cd of your car, wire up the sensor ...earth and signal to a stereo/earphone jack and plug it into the stereo.
The boys at work use this method to verify knock as they are driving and watching the trace on the laptop.
Another method they use which works a treat is a length of copper tubing with one end crimped flat and a bolt through it attached to the block. If you dont mind having a hole in the floor,run the tube into the cabin bent towards you but out of harms way.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

so when we plug this into our stereo what sort of noise would one expect to hear through it ?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

you here broom broom :driving: haha i just had mine plugged in the pc its just a mic so it pretty much hears all but you will here knock easy enough compared to the normal engine noises its a high pitch twang i used to have a peizo transducer glued to a bolt in my car you soon know whats normal and what is the car pinging ill get a sound file on the vr tomorrow
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

http://www.viatrack.ca/ they do a standalone knock monitor and one that connects to the megasquirt .similar sensor to the delphi and tunable with a trim pot
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

does anyone have an idea on the price of the one off the alloytec v6 ? i wouldn't mind getting one to see how it goes if they arn't stupidly priced!