Couldnt really find a section for this..

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Streetholden
cars: VH, VK, VS, VU

Couldnt really find a section for this..

Post by Streetholden »

This is a HI level BCM from a VS Commodore V6. To access this chip i would need to unsolder it wouldnt I? I would also need some sort of nifty program and reader too.
The only reason to do this is simply to change the KMs on my level 3 dash. Or would i have better luck with a tech 1/2 to do that?
Holden202T

Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..

Post by Holden202T »

umm isn't the km's in the dash cluster not the bcm ?
Streetholden

Post by Streetholden »

Thats what i thought. Iv been told more its in the BCM then its in the dash. Ill find out in a few days i guess when i change the BCM in another car.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The Kms are stored in the instrument cluster :)
Streetholden

Post by Streetholden »

God damn it. So tech 2 it is then. Cheers guys.

Going for 3rd edit now.. I have the ALDL cable, no software. Is there something i can use for that? As i know tuner pro only does the memcals :/
The1

Post by The1 »

scantools wont help on vs either as cluster isn't on the bus, unlike other models. It's stored on the chip on the circuit inside the 3 trip window display.
Streetholden

Post by Streetholden »

This is interesting, because what i know is now just been prove wrong. Its got me curious how they do it, as their are shops that do it and holden can as well. But they require your old cluster. Well mine broke and for shits and giggles its constantly on 000000kms. By broke i mean the 100m cog snapped a tooth. As i thought it was just your little one, the common problem.
The1

Post by The1 »

not sure, i know there was a thread here or somewhere else of someone with a trigger device, basicly hook it up, simulate a vss at super speed to wind the numbers over, not sure how they went with that.
Streetholden

Post by Streetholden »

Might have a look, ill try anything untill it breaks. Prime example would be my plenum idea.
Streetholden

Post by Streetholden »

Couldnt find this thread. Come to the conclusion, after reading some of doc bobs posts, that you need a VDO tool. I have found many for other makes and models. But never a holden. Would there me a similar car that is like the holden?

After some contemplation the dash is apart again. I have come to the conclusion that i either need to wire something up to the forth plug or remove the chip, thus needing a reader and translator. At this point im all out of ideas and its bed time.