Couldnt really find a section for this..

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..

Post by antus »

It'll work when you run the commands from install.txt in the above zip in an admin prompt. Without that VB wont be able to find them. It needs to be done once only to register them on the system and need to be done from a sufficiently privelaged cmd prompt (admin level).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Thanks, all sorted :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

you also need to extract the app from the zip into a folder and run the app as admin ;)
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

I dont think you do? I didnt need to run the app as admin.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

Biggvl did. UAC maybe?
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

I just re-tested. Im running it from a network drive so it asked me if I was sure because the author could not be verified, but no request or requirement for admin rights and its working. Windows 10 current (10.0.16299.547). :? Must be something different about environments but probably not something we'll ever be able to nail down.
oldn64
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina

Post by oldn64 »

antus wrote:I just re-tested. Im running it from a network drive so it asked me if I was sure because the author could not be verified, but no request or requirement for admin rights and its working. Windows 10 current (10.0.16299.547). :? Must be something different about environments but probably not something we'll ever be able to nail down.
Are you an administrator of the machine Antus, if so it will not ask or if you UAC settings are off again will not ask.

Cheers
oldn64
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Right, so had a few spare minutes today (chained to the desk) and thought I'd have a play, I pulled the X24c44 and took a read, using the dash tool I loaded the kms from the chip (last observed odometer reading) and don't understand what I'm looking at?? Some of the bits line up but not all, any ideas?
Capture.PNG
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

oh, to confrim, that chip is from the 104 location...
IMG_0330[1].JPG
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

So they're sets of 4 lots of 4 16 bit values (aka words. 16 bits = 2 bytes). So ignore the first 4 words and where you see AC53, thats 53AC in the tool. This is due to different computer systems ordering. Known as LSB or MSB (least significant bit, most significant bit). I think Festys tool has swapped some of the stuff around for you, but you can see 3 copies of 4 words that match the tool. So put the new value in, hit calculate and update all 3 copies on the rom, manually swapping the bytes in the words around. hit save. Flash to chip. Solder to board. I think the 3 copies are part of basic error detection and recovery logic. If one copy is found by the dash to not match the other two, the dash will update the mismatching copy to match the other two. This way a single bit corruption is recovered and the data is not lost. In theory if you updated 2 copies the dash would do the last one for you in the car... The first section is likely trip computer or similar, but I dont know.