Couldnt really find a section for this..

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
The1

Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..

Post by The1 »

nice job
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

Thanks, I was cleaning up a few weeks ago and found the cluster I bought back when we were all mucking about with this stuff and was going to chuck it up on ebay seeing as it had served it's purpose - but then I thought I'd have another crack at the programming port before giving up :twisted:
mark
cars: 2 x vs commadore, 1 x 04 monaro 5.7l, 3 x wb caprice, 3 x ek sedan, 1 x v8 hx sandman, and a 02 jakaroo 3ltr turbo diesel.

Post by mark »

there are some truely brilliant people and knowledge on here, i wish i knew how to rig that up, i saw the youtube vid, amazing, i have so much to learn, but at my learning rate im sure i wont live long enough. well done festy.
Helical
cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck)

Post by Helical »

Nice work! Damned smart arses ;)

Troy
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

hmm, well at least we know its possible... for those who can read the matrix.. :lol:

Im guessing the hardware side of things looks for when its suitable to communicate (I remember something about that!). And software then sends on through the require message/s.. although understanding/figuring that out is.. almost impossible without reverse engineering the original unit itself! Cant imagine it would be as simple as sending 123456 in hexdeci. Or sending through the new odos value using the found odo algorithm.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

i suspect most of the answer is way back in this thread. this dash isnt on aldl.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

ok so i finally got around to getting my programmer to reset the dash in my vp back to were it should be but the problem is that the when i do a read the value doesnt equal what the calculator puts out. now im using ponyprog got it set to x2444 eeprom, si prog api. the device is set with the 24cxx jumper on tried the 8 bit jumper and the 16bit jumper doesnt seem to change the data that much and with a 5v power supply to it only otherwise i get only half data and the rest is FF the adaptor to iscp header is correct and all there to the corrrect pins but im stumped as to why im getting garbled crap out of it any ideas?
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

oh and has anyone got the pinout for the lcd cluster so i can provide power to my dummy test unit thanks
Vpgts076
cars: vp gts

Post by Vpgts076 »

Dazza92VP wrote:ok so i finally got around to getting my programmer to reset the dash in my vp back to were it should be but the problem is that the when i do a read the value doesnt equal what the calculator puts out. now im using ponyprog got it set to x2444 eeprom, si prog api. the device is set with the 24cxx jumper on tried the 8 bit jumper and the 16bit jumper doesnt seem to change the data that much and with a 5v power supply to it only otherwise i get only half data and the rest is FF the adaptor to iscp header is correct and all there to the corrrect pins but im stumped as to why im getting garbled crap out of it any ideas?

Hi MAte,

Have you de soldiered the chip? or you trying to read on-board?

thanks
Daniel
Vpgts076
cars: vp gts

Post by Vpgts076 »

Dazza92VP wrote:oh and has anyone got the pinout for the lcd cluster so i can provide power to my dummy test unit thanks

Hi mate,

If you have the trip on desk and connector is facing you.

____
____ ____

Pin 1 Top (LHS) IGN
Pin 2 Top ( Next one in) Batt
Pin 5 Top GND

Hope this helps

Thanks
Daniel