Think I Got Stooged For Some Eproms

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
delcowizzid

Think I Got Stooged For Some Eproms

Post by delcowizzid »

well after getting a 3rd customer with a VS chip ive done not have there car run i think ive been sold some stuffed eproms :rant: not happy at all.the first one i thought it was the memcal carrier itself but having 2 more customers tonight say there new chip didnt run .and when they put there old back in they fired straight up.seems its only the chips i bought cause the ones ive done using peoples memcals worked 1st go unless the willem has died it programs and verifys sweet as and all the 27c128 and 27c256's ive done the last week run sweet so im looking at it being the eproms more than anything. ive had similar issues years ago when i read a few eproms they would do the same thing preogram verify but not run.they dont even spit error codes when the dont go not even the all sweet code just nothing.end rant had to vent bloody pissed off LOL think im not gonna do any vs tunes now i give up
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Re: Think I Got Stooged For Some Eproms

Post by delcowizzid »

oh yeah if anyone has a vs and a programmer and want to do a few test burns ill send a tube of eproms so i can figure if it is my programmer or the eproms it sucks not having a vs to test on before sending tunes but i shouldnt need too :rant:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

if i could find my wiring diagram for replacing a 27c256 with a 27c010 for switching multiple maps i could test them myself with a stacked bin and my realtime 808 at a pinch hmmm anyone remember what wires need connected on the 4 extra pins i thought they all got +5v but im not positive on that one .can soon fab up a 32 pin socket on top of my 28pin socketed memcal easy enough to test them them burn my 4 vr tunes on would be a good start would narrow it down too either the chips or the willem.vl400 i know you will read this HELP if you can remember what to wire on them 4 pins i can start testing eproms and get a refund on any dead ones.never had any tunes sent back till now and it sucks think ill find a vs ecu to use to test them before sending after this cockup.
Biggsy

Post by Biggsy »

I have had this problem in the past but it was not the fault of the eprom, some of the later model VS Cmmodores would not run on earlier VS programs. I did quite a lot of VATS removed chips for conversions and had three different base tunes to work from. I got into the habit of getting the year/code before doing a chip. I'm not saying this is your problem, but is a possibility.

Dave.
Biggsy

Post by Biggsy »

I have two different burners, I could test your chips aginst a file if you want

Dave.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I have a VS RT chip / socket that i know works so i can test them for you if you want on my brothers VS.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

cheers guys hopefully i can fire one or 2 up in my 808 later if not ill organise posting some
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

well i tested one eprom but powering all 4 extra pins and leavin what is normally pin 28 out not connected and had a 32k realtime bin programmed on 4 times and its outputting aldl so i take it thats a good one maybe its onlt some that are dead. hmm more testing needed
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

yeah biggsy i just saw your post i allways verify what memcal is in the ecu before programming to suit just to wliminate any issues and to get the bin that suits what year trans more than anything.ive just been researching and an eprom can program and verify fine but the programmer doesnt use any routine to test access time and if the access time is to slow any device the chip is in will fail to start which sounds exactly like my problem.i have a feeling the company i got these eproms off has erased them way to long and caused them to loose there speed or something.well at least thats how its looking really.i might flash my bios onto a few tomorrow and see if it effects my pc or not .hopefully i get a VS ecu in a week or 2 so i can test them as well
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

well tested all the eproms i have left all failed to work in the ecu burned 4 stock eproms from some VS memcals work fine so will be getting a refund as soon as i get them sent back.i dont know if its the brand type or they just been erased to long but they all programmed and verified fine just wont fire up the ecu.all 150ns or faster eproms too.i understand that they program and verify fine due to the programmer not careing about access times but if they dont output data fast enough to the address pins the processor will fail to start so this must be the problem.it was funny one worked in the 808 fine when i tried but even it didnt work in the VS ecu.just for reference for anyone else they were TMS JL 27C010A-10 / 12 /and 15 LX7CZBAN8 made in thailand LOL.will be buying brand new from futurelec from now on :wall: