New Guy

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
zrossa
cars: ke35 with vnv6, 260z with chevy v8, 635csi soon to be delco and turbo, vz one tonner

New Guy

Post by zrossa »

Howdy all,

I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks trying to figure out what the hell you guys are talking about! Most of the electronic stuff is a bit baffeling to me but its beginning to seep in.

I have a number of car projects on the go and decided that in the interests of economy and my limited computer savy that I wanted to learn only one operating system. Delco seems the way forward and hopefully i will be able to contribute in the future.

This started with my race car project, It was once a 1976 sr corolla that i have played with for almost 20 years. Its now a partially space framed car soon to be powered by a vn holden v6 with a holset hx55 turbo(can we get a 4 bar map?). This will be used in the gt1/gt2 class in New Zealand ( similar to sport saloons in aussie). I bought a completed vn with a 5 speed to put in it which was what eventually lead me here.

I also have a 260z datsun with a 383 small block chevy that i would like to do targa type compitions in. This has a carby. On to the next.

My road toy is a bmw635csi with early l-jetronic injection. The car is a joy but needs more power, I have a kkk-k27 turbo for it and will be converting it to run a vn holden delco as soon as i get the 260z running. I have managed to find all the sensors, looms and ecus needed already for next to nothing, So it shoudld just be a bit of work with the welder and we are away!

It may sound like I have a lot of toys but there has been a hell of a lot of horse trading going on over the last 20 years and all the graft has been done buy myself, learning along the way (with a lot of mistakes).

I would like to say a big THANKS to delcowizzid for putting up with my questions offline. Hopefully I wont need to bug him to much more.

Cheers Guys,

Douglas
Holden202T

Re: New Guy

Post by Holden202T »

good to have you hear doug :D and im sure delcowizzid would happily chew your ear off all day/night long about anything delco related :mrgreen:

it sounds like you have some kewl projects ... like many of us here your doing the big engine in small car theme, and that works well :D

i look forward to seeing some pics in the future and we are all here to share the love and get everyone delcoed :comp:
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

hey mate hows things you found the right place everyone has a few toys here well apart from me :shh: i dont even remember your messenger name i talk to so many people ah nah it just clicked LOL.hows the wine making going
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Six_Shooter
cars: 2005 Dodge Dakota - For Sale
2000 GMC Yukon - The Daily driver
1985 GMC Jimmy S-15 - Under reconstruction
1973 Datsun 240Z - Toy, uses GM EFI.

Post by Six_Shooter »

I don't know of anyone running a 4 BAR MAP on a Delco ECM, but I do know 3 BAR is possible.

I'm not sure of what ECMs are actually available in NZ, but using a '7749 or '7730 (Or if underhood is desired '7727) ECM, with $59 (www.code59.org) will allo not only for 3 BAR MAP support, but expanded VE tables, WBO2 closed loop fueling control, and a bunch of other features current and future.
I also know TurboDig is working with some of the guys from here on getting $59 to work in the '808.

It's too bad your Z needs to remain carbed, there's nothing like having EFI on a vehicle of that vintage, people are amazed by it. ;)

I also have a friend that was looking at using Delco EFI on his BMW, but I think his may be newer than yours and he can use Tuner Pro and related tuning equipment on the Motronic ECM, I'm not sure which way he's decided to go.

Glad to see more people wanting to go EFI and learning the inner works of the code to make it work that much better. :thumbup:
2005 Dodge Dakota - The daily
1985 GMC Jimmy - A work in progress
1973 Datsun 240Z - The Toy, turbocharged and injected using GM EFI, and code59

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

welcome aboard! dont mean to hi-jack the thread but i suspect turbodig might be too busy or something to get code $59 on the '808 or our aussie ecus.We've contacted him a couple of times but without reply. I dont think anyone here is in active communication with him, unfortunately.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396