Thanks

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Ken

Re: Thanks

Post by Ken »

immortality wrote:Ideally, you at least want a ALDL cable so you can see what is going on when driving. Also makes it easy to diagnosis if something is playing up. The other benefit is that you can create datalogs which let you see what is going on. Failing all else, you can post em up here and the guys will tell you what is going on for you.
Thanks for the advice, got my eye on This here atm, I'll see if the son want's to go halfs in it when he gets home..
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

You can buy one here directly from vl400 :)

Just PM him for details.
Ken

Post by Ken »

He's in Perth, anytime I've bought anything from over the other side, the freight ends up killing any discount made on the goods.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

maybe so but his hardware is thoroughly tested on delco powered cars and most of it specifically designed for use with delcos and tunerpro etc.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I PM'd him still...
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

you will get the best support with his gear compared to the ebay stuff.the amount of people who just get directed to this forum when they cant get the ebay crap to work is just bad.vl400 did some bloody hard yards to bring free realtime tuning to the delco world and then weve picked up some talented guys on here along the way that have developed other codebasses and programs spreadsheets etc. ide rather see vl400 get the money than some random on ebay
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i have diy boards ive built for my own use but i still send everyone in NZ to vl400 for there purchases even though i could fit something that would work.i also generally fit all his other ecu gear inside ecu's for free once they arrive from aussie if people buy from him so theres no cockups that require postage back to aussie
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
The1

Post by The1 »

Ken, i have a brand new spare USB Datalogging adaptor from VL400 if you would like one shipped closer.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Thanks guys :thumbup:

Have replied to your PM Ken.
vc81
cars: vn v6

Post by vc81 »

Jayme wrote:for my first lot of playing around with the ecotec engine, I found a 32 pin eeprom off an old motherboard at the tip... saved having to erase it under UV light all the time... but once you get set up with realtime and nvram, the point becomes moot.
the biggest downfall with these is that they are so lean at low revs at wide open throttle. presumably holden didnt want you spinning the wheels everywhere. if you richen up the lower rpm you will see a massive gain in low rpm power.

Is this the same for all ecotec's or just the VS model?