cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by psyolent »

agreed. and we need the hellcat.
jesus christ i had not heard of it being called the green hell before. i get it though. that was hard work.

preferred this too VSH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coSt5HWRvv4
love eevblog. and valves.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

The Mustang may not last in Australia, like the Monaro, but GM intends to release the Camaro here when the next platform is released. I don't think it will last our market is different to the US. The reason the current platform isn't being considered is because it was designed LHD only.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I personally think it will thrive as there is big demand for even the mustang. They fit the needs rwd cars people want and I know the waiting list for the mustang is over 15 months and everyone who has got one loves it and reckon they are way better than the falcon. They are everywhere now. Even the vf commode is shit popular atm, at least in vic they are making up what looks like 15-20% of all cars on the road here.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

I recon the camaro will have huge demand.. but no point having lots of demmand if no-one can afford it.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

There is no reason for the Camaro to be expensive as it is not a luxury car. The top of the line model in the video shouldn't be any more expensive than your HSV's and the base model V6 Camaro should be similar if not cheaper than the entry level Commodore is now. At the end of the day these things are dirt cheap in the US. I believe the Camaro in the video retails in the US for about US$70k
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

5L mustang is about 60k here from ford dealers.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
MAGP

Post by MAGP »

There was big demand for the Monaro too but it never got to the VE-VF range. Ford and GM are in the business of making money, they wont sell a car here once its popularity wanes. I think we will be left with the dregs of the European models.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

when was there demand for the monaro? 70's models yes but not the later ones are they looks like shit, just like the modern ford GT, ugly, expensive , no one wants them and poor resale value. My half brother's mate bought the new Gt few years ago and its only been driven like 6 times and always blocked and covered in the garage and few years later only managed to get 18k for it. paid like 85k. I know as he visted my half brother after selling his unwanted GT and offering 130k cash for my half brother's XY GT. He told him to get stuffed haha.

See the thing is the US cars look like muscle and classic even though they are modern and they stand out, the newer GT and Monaro just are painted pov pack cars at a glance and no one bats a eye over them and it no wonder they are a failure.
MAGP

Post by MAGP »

Your opinion is noted, it is your personal opinion and you are entitled to it but whether you like the look of a vehicle or not is neither here nor there. The V series Monaro was sold on 3 continents. It was sold in the US as the GTO and between the horrid exchange rate that caused US buyers to stop buying it (it was to expensive because our $ was worth more then theirs) and Holden not willing to re-engineer the Monaro to suit US legislation requirements when a new model Commodore was being developed for Australia sales dropped in the US and it was eventually canceled there.

The Mustang and Camaro are designed for the US market, the current models have the cloned appearance of the late 60s models so they have sentimental value to Americans because they harken back to a day of "freedom". Australian muscles cars have always been derived off the family car of the day. The Monaro has always been based on the family car Holden produced, the GT Falcon has always been based on Fords family car model, the Pacer and later Charger were based on the family car model Chrysler Australia produced, even the Force7V was based on the Leyland P76. That is the way Australian muscle cars have been made since the 60s.

Did you know Ford sold Mustangs in Australia against the V series Monaro? They sold a grand total of 377 back in 2001-2002 before they pulled the plug.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCio5K0WfHU[/youtube]

I'd love this test this out on a V6 as I reckon separated banks would perform the best due to even firing banks vs uneven for v8.