Interesting youtube video's...

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Gareth

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by Gareth »

That sound is amazing :shock:

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=obUnEqsTmLg[/youtube]
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

typical Toyota driver lol, always bashed up panels.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

This is awesome.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-vXJL8jXBk[/youtube]
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
oldn64
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina

Post by oldn64 »

Sorry Vlad but I just cannot help but think about woody from toy story and the fact that rockets explode.........

what kids (particularly one whom has access to a paddock out the back) would not want to have their own rocket and launch it for fun????

I know of a little girl of about aged 11 who has build a 7 foot water and compressed air powered rocket and is now wanting to use solid fuel. I can see a child coming out of the parent (err I mean lecturer) who will be supervising the build and flight. ;)

Awesome stuff.......

cheers
oldn64
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

We never truly grow up, it's just the price of our toys that increases exponentially with age/wisdom....
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I wonder how much total time slow down will occur over the mission? That craft will be moving stupid fast and far enough down in the sun's gravity well that both gravity and speed will have quite an effect on it's proper time.
immortality

Post by immortality »

I figure that the clever people at NASA running the mission will have mission clocks both here on earth and on the craft to track/measure it? Maybe post the question to NASA, surely they have a forum or something similar from the lab running the experiment.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

It would be already accounted for, for science data calibration and communication as time dilation shifts radio band frequencies.

I might ask Destin if he can find out. I can already calculate base on velocity but I don't know how to do it for gravity which in fact is the much larger contributor. Same reason why GPS satellites runs their internal atomic clocks faster than here on the ground because even though their speed does slow down their proper time, the time on the ground is slower by a larger amount than what the satellites experience due to their velocity so they end up running faster for less gravity minus their own dilation from velocity, this is so the signals with their time stamps by the time are received by the GPS receivers is compensated for our time on the ground so that GPS are actually accurate. If they were same clock time the accuracy would be decreased by about 10km per day if I am not mistaken.

The gravity well for the sun that close is huge so I would expect the time to run a very measurable amount slower on each close pass.
immortality

Post by immortality »

No doubt their people have calculated but theory is one thing, test and verify is always the aim of the experiment so no doubt they would also be measuring to ensure the theory matches reality.

Anyway, just watch the Star Trek IV:The Voyage Home, they gained 200 years or something along those lines.... :)
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

It's actually proven undisputed fact, that's how special and general relativity works.

Without people knowing it modern society and technology simply wouldn't exist, GPS is the real world example I gave of this that relies on it. For this mission that would all be accounted for just like all the ones from the previous 60 years because it's critical to be able to do the missions without loosing them. I just want to know the figure as this particular mission takes both cases of relativistic effects to the highest extremes humans had yet undertaken on macro scale object.

By all means it's not going to be huge but I do expect possibly into the high 100s of ms or seconds worth of time difference.