3 vintage motor bikes

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by Charlescrown »

Is that for real? A street car.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Yup.... kinda. The US has a fairly loose definition of street car but he drove it over 1100 miles on the last Drag Week and ran a 5.98 1/4 pass on the last day IIRC.

Over there as long as it has lights, indicators and horn it seems to be kinda street legal.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Street car ha!

It depends on whether the cop decides to look the other way or not, and that depends on many things ... Including how much money you've waved!
I was counting the change I just got when I saw you, I just waved ... I wasn't trying to bribe you officer.

Don't be fooled, many Drag Week cars get in some serious trouble on their journeys, that's part of it, you have to first, get there!

What many don't seem to realize is those Drag Week cars go through a serious transformation from track to street to track ...
You only have so much space to carry stuff between, so it's about packaging the spares and street transformation elements to reduce the risk of getting a ticket or worse, like getting you car impounded or going to jail.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
immortality

Post by immortality »

A lot of cars are now been built specifically for these types of events with full duel fuel systems and all the other things that make changing them from strip to street much simpler. Some only really do tyres, change over the fuel system, pack up all their shit (they are allowed a small trailer) and go.

It is interesting though when you see street parking lot engine rebuild happening or someone breaking out a welder to do a quick repair.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Yea, 142 square feet of trailer space, (a typical 4x8 trailer) and you have to carry EVERYTHING you need for the week!
Like I said, it's all about packaging!

Any crew must also ride in the same car!

Though if you break a part, they will allow you to order the part and have it delivered.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
immortality

Post by immortality »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toVfvRhWbj8[/youtube]

This been on a single cylinder engine probably shows better what is happening on the intake port than the Kaase video above. Slo mo rules.
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

Very interesting, thanks for sharing
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I can't begin to imagine how it can keep the fuel mix on target with all the wall wetting. Is it really that bad?
The1

Post by The1 »

would depend on air velocity, even some Fuel Injected engines would be massively wall wetting if it wasn't for airflow and the shockwave to distribute it.