Immortalities totally random thread

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by immortality »

I've scrapped down the intake gasket faces, chased all the threads with a tap and have left it to soak in WD40 overnight.

Tomorrow I'll give it a final clean and then fit this with a new set of alloy intake gaskets and new 82°C thermostat,
0-02-07-a48640e9bb273aa08bbde65e14d4157b256a73583dc0f6c84b66f2affba6b7f6_full.jpg
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

gee that came up well immo
the coating on the rotors (teflon) should be grey in colour. obviously its black due to PCV recirc and other blow by / etc engine gasses
re the snout rebuild don't you need a special tool for the pulley removal etc thats unicorn type ie: rare as shit?
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

It did come up well.

MACE have pulley removal tools for sale.
immortality

Post by immortality »

LOL. I cheated. I had that LIM prepared earlier.....

I have the MACE tool :D
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

whats the deal with the plugs in the LIM at the back ? is that to stop it bypassing or something ?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:whats the deal with the plugs in the LIM at the back ? is that to stop it bypassing or something ?

Blocks the TB heating loop which I'm sure aussie L67 don't even have, so its good to plug them instead of relying on the crappy SC gasket to seal them.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

oh right so thats a US LIM
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:oh right so thats a US LIM
They are global, same here and there. Only thing they have in addition to the L67 is the succeeding L32 engine which has a slightly different LIM to the L67.

Out SC is a little different though, theirs has the TB bolted straight on and goes straight (ie. through our firewall) and had the heated TB.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Holden202T wrote:whats the deal with the plugs in the LIM at the back ? is that to stop it bypassing or something ?
Yeah, as Vlad mentioned it's for heating of the TB. Something we don't have. It means I can now lift off the blower without effecting the cooling system. I plan to add some other mods but first want to get some baseline data for how it sits now and then record changes in boost and AIT's with the various mods.

So this is how it sits currently,
0-02-07-fd9d29e0e7e01ce35412d1484142c9f916f9728bb7bd3c951ea95b3223350253_full.jpg
Basically ready to bolt the blower back on top. All the LIM bolts were cleaned and have a good coating of sealant. Manifold torqued down in 3 stages to 15Nm. All going well that sucker will be good for the rest of it's service life.

I tested the new thermostat in some hot water (as I don't want the hassle of pulling that apart again if the bloody thing doesn't work) and also drilled a 1mm hole in it to help bleed the air out on initial startup cause with the rubber seal around the thermostat it will otherwise trap air until it opens :(

Missus is complaining (like they always do) that it's taking to long. Seeing as the blower has to come off again and I haven't picked up the bearings yet for the snout considering putting it back as is and do the blower overhaul when I fit the 25mm LIM spacer in the near future. But now it's lunch time.

I've taken some measurements of the old O rings and re-used em. They don't look that bad, used a little lubrication to put em all back. I'll take the measurements and figure out what the right O rings are. Once I'm certain I'll post up some sizes.

Looking at the intake gaskets and a few other things I've seen I have to wonder if it's been apart before? The LIM bolts seemed to be loose? The blower bolts too seemed to be loose and it looks like one of the O rings has a light smear of sealant on it.....
Last edited by immortality on Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

immortality wrote:
Missus is complaining (like they always do) that it's taking to long.
hahahahaha sounds familiar.... "arent you finished yet, it should have only taken half that time, hurry up and come take care of the kids, im bored"