Immortalities totally random thread

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by immortality »

Who knows, yesterday I could barely lift my arm but today is much better. What ever the doc did seems to have worked. He did however say it was going to hurt worse after a week or so?

All going well my parcel that went awol will be here tomorrow, so car parts it will be.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Finally some progress today. Made up all the fuel lines to/from the hard lines to the rails and return etc and also did the brake booster vacuum line.
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-16 at 4.14.18 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-16 at 4.26.54 PM.jpeg
Have also ordered new top and bottom radiator hoses and Z30 oil filter.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Glad to see that you're up and about again :thumbup:

Just a note on oil filters, I raced 6 cyl Holdens for many years and we found that the Z160 (small version of Z30) is fitted with a non return valve that keeps oil in the filter after the motor is switched off aiding in cold start oil priming. And aside from that the Z160 gives way better clearance in the engine bay, the radiator hoses rub on the V8 with z30 from memory... :think:

Great progress on the car :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
brindo

Post by brindo »

I’m trying the Z30ST at the moment. Not the best filter on the market but easy to get hold of at least.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Cheers mate,

I have issues with small filters, don't know why but I just don't like em. I don't think priming is an issue (other than initial startup) with the 304's, the pump and filter are mounted lower than the bend in the pickup galary in the front of the block so in theory the oil shouldn't drain back into the sump.

Planning on using a early Commodore lower radiator hose so it should clear the larger filter hopefully (Guess I'll find that out in a couple of days) :mrgreen:
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Z30 will have anti drainback valve.i run the biggest filter you can get so it won't bypass to easy
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I run the K & N filters now, first filter I ever came across where the anti drain back actually works. Even a few months of no use they were still full, the ryco ones are empty in 30 min typically, at least on a V6.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Yeah ryco went to shit I'm normally wix
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
brindo

Post by brindo »

Can’t remember the part number, but on my old VS I used to run a Fleetguard which was a longer version of the Z160 only with the synthetic media. But with a different lower rad hose, the wider Z30 filter should fit.
immortality

Post by immortality »

WTF does nobody do a set of replacement bolts for waterpumps?

Anyway, not much done today, had to cut down the new bolts for the PS bracket as the local shop only had 5" long when I only needed 4.5" :( New bracket gives heaps more room for me to route hoses etc so that should work out.