Immortalities totally random thread

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Holden202T

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by Holden202T »

firebug recently did this mod on his L67 Gemini, speedflow weld on fittings on the end of the rail are also an easy option and in his car he wanted to run adjustable reg, so makes plumbing things like that in really easy ...

it has to make some difference in the petrol cooling v's over the top of the blower, and if nothing else looks way better :)
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Yeah I'm going to tap and thread as I don't have any way to weld alloy :(

I'll be sticking with the factory reg but I have a neat way to make it work with braided hose fittings so it'll look the part :)

My fuel lines are already much cooler with the insulation fitted but it just looks like a POS that way. Worst case, I fit a cooler of some sort in the front of the car and run the fuel through that :D
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

if your going to do that, get one of the tube coolers and fit it under the car inline ? might be easier.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Got a bit of time yesterday to finish cleaning up the fuel rails. Filed em and then cleaned em up with some 400 Wet&dry with WD40. Came up fairly good.
0-02-06-750cf1ecfa21b30d40a047d0cb1cfcf8cd776d00548757cce0b48658af79e831_full.jpg
Although after all that, I'm considering painting em black? I'll see what it looks like once I have it all put together. I have all black hose/fittings coming which hopefully will be here on Monday.

Holden202T wrote:if your going to do that, get one of the tube coolers and fit it under the car inline ? might be easier.
That is an option, there is plenty of room to mount something near the fuel tank.

The car has also developed a bit of a vibration when cruising at low speed, it has a bit of vibration when idling as well. 99% sure it's an engine mount problem so I'll need to get that sorted as the missus is complaining about it now :(
immortality

Post by immortality »

Bought a new modem this arvo, ended up getting one of these http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/business/vigor-120 Have set it up bridged to my ASUS router. Was rather straight forward. Download speeds have picked up slightly but upload speeds have dropped a touch and the ping has improved. Not that that matter much, I'm just looking for a more stable internet connection.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Well I'm calling this a success. Pages are loading better already. Been doing some reading and it seems my old configuration was probably causing a network conflict of some sort.
immortality

Post by immortality »

immortality wrote:So this week I think I'll start work on doing the VS ecotec fuel rail conversion. Should look something like this
Although I would like to try and re-use the factory quick disconnect flex fuel lines.

Instructions for the VS fuel rail conversion can be found here L67 VS ecotec Fuel Rail Conversion. Full credit to Zapper (where ever you are.... )
DON'T follow those instructions in the link above. I almost fucked one of the rails drilling it to 13mm as suggested before tapping it 1/4" NPT. Ended up with only a couple of threads down the bottom that are properly formed, to fix it I tapped it deeper and filed down the face so the fitting goes in right to the edge of the injector feed hole without blocking it. Hopefully it seals up with some thread sealant. I did the 2nd fuel rail drilling it 11mm and ended up with a perfect thread. IF that doesn't seal then it will end up having to be re-done with weld on fittings instead.
0-02-06-f63f4dfb8f1f8628ce159c1189ded90f128a3a6e0ac50b2cc1e916777d061a5a_full.jpg
Changed the plan a little, I'll use braided hose/fittings for the front cross-over but will retain the factory fitting from the hard lines to the rails and use standard fuel hose instead. Will save me a little coin on fittings.
Last edited by immortality on Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

Thanks for the warning.
immortality

Post by immortality »

No worries.

Kinda kicking myself, in the back of my mind I knew 13mm was wrong. Should have grabbed the drilling and tapping chart before starting :cry:
immortality

Post by immortality »

Ordered a complete set of standard type trans and engine mounts for Calais.