Immortalities totally random thread

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by 0081 »

immortality wrote:I like how 0081 mounted then on the intercooler plate but I don't think it would work with the 25mm spacer.
Just went and did a quick measurement and yeah the 25mm spacer looks like it would be too short

Post by 0081 »

firebug wrote:
0081 wrote:Turned out pretty good.

I had some fittings welded on also and sanded the weld smooth again
Thought you might recognise them Pete :) Sanding them would look better.

I left mine raw because racecar...
:thumbup:
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Doing engine mounts today but I can't lift the engine high enough to get the drivers side back in as the elbow is hitting the firewall.

How do you remove the knock sensor plug? The loom runs around the bottom of the mount and is getting in the way of putting it back.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Well what a PITA. With the bigger elbow and spacer I just couldn't jack it up high enough to get the drivers side mount in. Ended up taking off the oil filter adapter housing so I could slide it in from the side. I also trimmed the studs down as the new ones were about 10 mm longer.

At least it's done now. About a 6 hour marathon but worth it in the end. Feels a lot smoother. That bloody elbow is very close to the firewall now too.
immortality

Post by immortality »

NOOOOOOOOOOO
immortality

Post by immortality »

ONE
gtrboyy
cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores

Post by gtrboyy »

Thought it was tight firewall clearance with vp moo mang when changing mounts...I did n/s first then left nuts on by 2-3 threads then dropped that so o/s could go just high enough to fit that mount in with tapping firewall.

Not a hard job but sure is annoying & takes much longer than you expect.

Looks comical being able to rock engine so easily by hand with new mounts.
immortality

Post by immortality »

I've done V6 mounts a few times but this is the biggest battle I've ever had, no doubt if it was bog stock it wouldn't have been that bad as I could get my whole hand behind the elbow. Got some decent war wounds from it too. Before I started I said to the missus this will either take 2 hours or 6.....

I recon it would almost have been quicker to remove the whole blower to be able to jack the engine up or alternately just yank the whole motor....

On a side note the bloody PS pump is leaking from the rear cover so that will have to come out again in the near future as I didn't have a pump seal kit on hand today.

Post by 0081 »

Had the same issue with mine. Cooler and larger ubend made it impossible to change out. Mine was the passenger side so I could take the AC compressor out and get it in.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Just finished putting the PS pump back in the Calais. I just changed the rear O ring seal that was weeping fluid. I also bought myself a set of flare nut spanners which made the job much easier :)

0081 wrote:Had the same issue with mine. Cooler and larger ubend made it impossible to change out. Mine was the passenger side so I could take the AC compressor out and get it in.
People always say the passenger side is hardest with the AC pump but it didn't really take much time at all. The later models are easier with only 3 nuts/bolts holding the AC pump on. On the earlier models they are harder to get off.