Immortalities totally random thread

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by immortality »

I'm surprised TBH, wouldn't have thought it would make that much difference.

Car is definitely running better :)
immortality

Post by immortality »

New O2 sensors arrived this morning so I got straight under the car and fitted em up. Geez what a bloody mess under there :( looks like the rocker covers are leaking oil badly now. Oil all over the steering rack and starter motor, can see it coming down the back of the engine.

I'll pick up some new gaskets and get those fitted when I do the rockers/push rods.

Off to my favorite bakery for breakie and a nice coffee.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Seems to be running well with the new O2 sensors fitted. Unfortunately not getting any data with the logger since upgrading the firmware to V113.

The starting problem also seems to have raised it's ugly head again. First start it cranks over but doesn't quiet catch, 2nd crank it seems to start fine. Only seems to do it when it's warm, if cold it starts fine and if hot it starts fine also?
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

immo that sounds like fuel pressure?
my VX does it. the fuel pump or something - check ball or some shit.

did the os2 sensors make a massive diff?
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Had a small issue with the logger, I updated to the latest firmware but my ADX didn't like it. VL400 helped me sort it out this evening so tomorrow we shall have some data :)

The starting issue funnily enough started after fitting the O2 sensors but it must be a coincidence...

Yes, either fuel pressure or leaking injector probably. I should have some new injectors sorted next week thanks to The1 :) I'd like to find a fitting so I can screw my 100psi pressure transducer directly onto the schrader valve fitting on the fuel rail so I can monitor fuel pressure pressures but nothing seems to be available as just a fitting.
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Post by 0081 »

I had to make a fitting for my fuel pressure sensor as I couldn't find anything either
immortality

Post by immortality »

New 5/16" push rods are here to go with the high ratio rockers so those will get fitted up in the next couple of weeks.

New injectors should be here early next week however the starting issue hasn't raised it's ugly head since that one day. The day it did play up I had been adjusting the ADX on the logger and the logger was connected when it wouldn't start so I don't know if that had anything to do with it?

0081 wrote:I had to make a fitting for my fuel pressure sensor as I couldn't find anything either
Kinda stupid isn't it?
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Post by 0081 »

immortality wrote:
Kinda stupid isn't it?
I might be able to locate a part that will screw onto the service port and depress the schrader but you will need to weld or braze on a fitting that screws into the pressure sensor

That's what i did for old setup, had to join 2 brass fittings together

or you can make some VS style rails and use speed flow fittings, speed flow make fitting that lets the fuel pressure sensor screw in
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

or get a brass T piece with a few barbed fittings on it ?
immortality

Post by immortality »

Finally managed to get some data this morning doing the Sunday brunch bakery run. Nothing much has changed with the new O2's, down low there is still a discrepancy between the banks (although maybe not quiet as much) but now at higher cylair numbers the banks seems to show the same. Probably suggest the issue lies with the injectors. All going well the new injectors will be here this week from The1 so will endeavor to get em fitted as soon as possible and see what effect that has.

I'll do some more searching to find a fitting for the fuel line schradder valve.