A place For General Chit Chat Etc
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by immortality »

And this pops up on the first search...

https://www.amazon.com/Caspers-107133-S ... B0056VAC42

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Rail-Press ... 1828029424

Looks like there are a couple of options out there :)
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

If the issue is the injectors swapping them from one bank to the other will show a change in the O2 reading from one side to the other. If the new injectors don't fix it you may need to start looking at mechanical issues.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Were only taking about 3-4% variation so it's not a huge amount.
immortality

Post by immortality »

OK, next issue. I think the trans isn't happy. Gave it boot full yesterday and the change up from 1st to 2nd was really slow/lazy. It's probably overdue for a full service/flush but I'm wondering if it's worth doing anything else to make it live longer with the extra power?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

blow it up and get a new built up unit? or manual.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Boost valve and corvette servo upgrades are cheap and easy, plus a service and see how it goes!

Manual would have to be a backwards step! ;)
brindo

Post by brindo »

I’ve just whacked a bigger transmission cooler in my car. Also managed to squeeze a screw on filter in front of the bumper as well. Hoping that will help it last a little longer - clean oil has to help. Time will tell if it lasts. Just got a cheap Ryco filter on it at the moment, but will replace that with a Wix later on.
immortality

Post by immortality »

vlad01 wrote:blow it up and get a new built up unit? or manual.
Holden202T wrote:Boost valve and corvette servo upgrades are cheap and easy, plus a service and see how it goes!

Manual would have to be a backwards step! ;)

Yes, this would sound like the easiest/best option.

No manual in this car, it's the missus car and she spends a lot of time crawling in traffic, I'd loose my favorite appendage if I did that.....
brindo wrote:I’ve just whacked a bigger transmission cooler in my car. Also managed to squeeze a screw on filter in front of the bumper as well. Hoping that will help it last a little longer - clean oil has to help. Time will tell if it lasts. Just got a cheap Ryco filter on it at the moment, but will replace that with a Wix later on.
I'd only just been around the block so engine was only just up to temp and the trans was only warm to so heat wasn't an issue, the VX already has the deep pan and factory external cooler, it's never really gotten that hot. I had a large screw on filter on our old VS, not sure if it made any difference but that trans was never 100%. Drove fine but never liked full throttle much. I do agree though, clean fluid has to be better and the in pan filter isn't much more than a fancy strainer.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Holden202T wrote:Boost valve and corvette servo upgrades are cheap and easy, plus a service and see how it goes!
Is there a preferred brand/supplier for these parts? I also believe there are different size boost valves available, any size in particular?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

in the past I've just bought them off ebay, I've never had a problem with any, but they were never much more than a mild upgrade for a stock box.

I think theres only so big you can go with the boost valve from ebay, to get bigger you need to go to a proper trans supplier.

the other thing too, if its electronic box, have you tried increasing the shift pressure settings ? I once had a tired 4L60E in the torana (ecotec) and managed to get it shifting much better by just tune tweaks.