Immortalities totally random thread

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by immortality »

I've upped the line pressures in the tune in the lower parts of the table but I think 90psi is the max?

It drives fine part throttle, it's only when stomping it the shifts are getting lazy. I'm sure when we first got it it shifted much nicer into 2nd so it's probably in need of some loving. I'd rather not kill this box like I did with the VS that would slip big time when you got up it :(

Just having a dig through the garage. I have a TCI Trans Scat shift kit http://www.jegs.com/i/TCI/890/376002/10002/-1 as well as the TCI corvette style 2nd gear servo http://www.jegs.com/i/TCI/890/376003/10002/-1 so would just need to get a boost valve. I actually bought these for the old VS but never fitted em as the trans was past saving.

My mate recently put a transgo shift kit in his car and we had to reduce the low TPS line pressures as it was banging into gear real hard.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah that looks like your on the right track!
immortality

Post by immortality »

Injectors turned up earlier this week, I have new numbers for the injectors punched into the tune from The1 so now all we need to do is fit the buggers along with a new fuel filter, fit the new tune and go for a blast.

I'll organize the other bits for the trans next week and we'll start work on that soon hopefully. At this stage it looks like we'll add a boost valve and 4th gear servo to the mix and a few other little bits and pieces to fix a few short comings of the standard 4l60e box.

I also stripped down the old diff from the car, it's ready for a clean/paint and then start working on re-assembly.
The1

Post by The1 »

are you doing the 2/3 servo, like corvette or sonnax? 4th gear is good but much better doing 2/3, boost valve is ok but only really helps reverse.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Yep, doing 2nd and 4th gear servo's, and larger boost valve with O ring seals along with a shift kit.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

when I did the 304's T700 rebuild I did pretty much all that plus the beast reaction shell, wasn't too dear and made me feel better, mine was built for towing, so I got the trans-scat kit for RV/towing and the larger boost valve from TCI other than that was just a rebuild kit with decent frictions and such, unfortunately I have yet to drive it on the road to see what its like, but I did run it through the gears with the diff on stands and it certainly didn't do anything slowly hehe :)
immortality

Post by immortality »

It would be nice to fill the case with goodies but it won't happen as the missus won't be happy with the whole trans coming out. All these mods should be done in a day so should keep at bay. Hopefully with these extra bits and pieces it will cope with the extra mumbo without to much complaint. It would be nice to chirp it going into 2nd :)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

immortality wrote:It would be nice to chirp it going into 2nd :)
you should be able to get it to do that just with tuning ;)
immortality

Post by immortality »

Holden202T wrote:
immortality wrote:It would be nice to chirp it going into 2nd :)
you should be able to get it to do that just with tuning ;)
Never managed it. Any guides as to what I should be looking at?
immortality

Post by immortality »

Fitted new fuel filter and injectors this evening. I cycled the key a couple of times to build fuel pressure bit it still had to crank a bit before starting but run great after that. After that I did an oil flush/change and new filter.

Happy days.