Immortalities totally random thread

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by immortality »

Well the steering is definitely a little heavier and has more feedback. So much so that now I can actually feel it has a slight pull to the left which I never noticed with the old setup. Missus took it to work this morning and haven't heard any complaints about it yet?

Subaru update - happy to report that it's been about 10 days now without so much as a hiccup from the engine. Gonna call it fixed.
oldn64
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina

Post by oldn64 »

immortality wrote:Well the steering is definitely a little heavier and has more feedback. So much so that now I can actually feel it has a slight pull to the left which I never noticed with the old setup. Missus took it to work this morning and haven't heard any complaints about it yet?

Subaru update - happy to report that it's been about 10 days now without so much as a hiccup from the engine. Gonna call it fixed.
Great news on both fronts. If anything car should naturally pull right due to the camber on the road thus to make it track straight. If pulling left then you might have a too straighter alignment and therefore will need a little right hand down. I used to hate driving my car to the track to have exactly this issue. fighting the steering because of the differences in road surfaces. Just through it up to an alignment you will find it will drive much better afterwards.

cheers
oldn64
immortality

Post by immortality »

The old girl clicked over 220,000km this week. She's getting old but still going strong.

Received a nice care package from MACE, Some Superpro bushes for the rear subframe which I hope to get done in 2 weeks before an alignment as well as some bits for more upgrades including a new 3.0" pulley which I fitted on a mates car today swapping it for his 3.2" pulley to go onto the Calais. We may try the 3.0" in the future once we get the water injection sorted :)

The 3.0" pulley made a noticeable difference straight away, more usable torque from earlier in the rev range, seems to go well with his XP cam and 3.9 diff. Cruise nice at 15.3:1 AFR and dropping to what I think is a healthy 11.8:1 AFR when you give it some with a little timing in it.
immortality

Post by immortality »

We swapped the 3.2" pulley onto the Calais. Definite improvement in the low to mid range torque. It did get a bit of a stumble with throttle movement which adding a touch of AE seems to have mostly fixed. I still feels fairly flat at the top end but we hardly ever go there so not to worried about that for now.

I've also spent some time playing with the idle settings. Factory idle is set at 800 rpm on the L67's were as the ecotec's have the factory idle set at 700 RPM, I've been knocking it down 25 RPM at a time and seeing how it behaves. Now down to 700 RPM idle on the L67 and it seems happy enough and it's using less gas which is what I was aiming for. The only down side it seems is that the car will roll backwards a little when sitting on an incline but I think we can cope with that. Maybe a slightly tighter converter is in order as the stock converter feels real loose with the mods it has now.

edit: having some troubles with my logger. Not sure what it going on atm but randomly the SD card is removed or not recognized even though it hasn't been touched?
immortality

Post by immortality »

Some Mother fucker tried to steal gas out of the Calais. Petrol flap is broken the cap was a little loose. Only noticed it when we got home but I'm fairly certain it happened in the carpark not 15 minutes ago. Fortunately the Calais has that little flat inside the filler tube so it's not easy to siphon. Guess we'll need to find a lockable petrol cap...
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

Fuck I hate people like that, they just have no respect for other people's property and that just shits me
immortality

Post by immortality »

Fucking terrible indeed. picked up a lockable petrol cap this morning but finding a replacement petrol flap is going to be a bit more fun...
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Every one I see of these models are missing the fuel flap. They either break easy or assholes must be stealing fuel from these models more than most.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

Is it the same as a VN? I've got one that you can have for postage, it is green though...
immortality

Post by immortality »

VK_3800 wrote:Is it the same as a VN? I've got one that you can have for postage, it is green though...
Cheers mate, I appreciate the offer. I do have a VN one here and I've checked and it's slightly different but I may be able to cut the broken part off the VN one and glue it onto the VX cover.