VS Commodore Air bag light stuck on.

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

VS Commodore Air bag light stuck on.

Post by MAGP »

A few weeks ago the ignition barrel in my VS broke so I replaced it, now my air bag light is stuck on.
I've checked the ring around the lock and everything appears ok so I am assuming I only need to reset the SRS system.
What's the best way for someone who doesn't want to splurge on a Tech 1 (not that they are easy to find) or a Tech 2 ( yet anyway) and doesn't want to take it to someone else to reset the SRS system and turn this light off? I'm willing to buy new tools and software I just don't want to fork out for a Tech 1-2 right at this very moment if I can help it.
The1

Re: VS Commodore Air bag light stuck on.

Post by The1 »

Yeh tech1 is it unfortunately. If that cable came undone from the slip ring then that's prob what caused it.
MAGP

Post by MAGP »

Thanks The1. I'll keep an eye out for a Tech1.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I have a Autel MD802 that can do that.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Also reposting this link to this thread (it was mentioned elsewhere but people landing here would be interested).

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=156&start=130
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
MAGP

Post by MAGP »

Charlescrown wrote:I have a Autel MD802 that can do that.
On a VS OBD1.5?
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Yes it will do back to VR. The best scan tool I have now is a Vpecker. Absolutely fantastic for all cars and yes they will do back to VR. Check it out on the net and of you want to know more email Jennifer at Vpecker. I bought mine directly from the company because of Chinese copies and it was $145 USD express post to Aust. You do need to have a laptop with windows 10 to use it.
MAGP

Post by MAGP »

Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Yep that's it. I got the Bluetooth one and I have not been disappointed at all. You get 12 months free updates and after that it's $50 a year to update all cars not like some others that charge that per car. I spent 1 hour showing a mate just what it can do on a VE and I still needed more time. My VR doesn't have air bags but Ill put it on later and run through just what it can do on that model and let you know. The Autel is basic but will do airbag codes and reset for Holden back to VR. If you deal direct with the company and not Ebay their post is super fast. I got mine in 3 days.
The1

Post by The1 »

Seems there littered all over aliexpress and ebay, $170 AUD delivered is cheap as, i had a look on their site but there's litterally no information about what it can do or what cars it covers. Would be interesting to see if it can do security related items, realtime data and mode 4 control testing. Does it do VF ? Ford ? Thanks for sharing, looks like it might be a great tool. It will be interesting if it can do VR/VS Airbag as the data line is on a different pin.

I tried to contact them but their contact page is 404 :think: