VS Commodore Air bag light stuck on.

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Re: VS Commodore Air bag light stuck on.

Post by psyolent »

yep. i have that same light blue book Dylan. its like an A3 book. tazzi sing out if you need some shit photo'd
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Beyond A3 some page's cold out a bit. Great book I wouldn't of got anywhere without it. That and my VN EFI book Holden manual. Fantastic help. And then this place come along lol
The1

Post by The1 »

Tazzi wrote:Hmm.. anyone got wiring diagrams for the airbag system?
Havent found any wiring diagrams for anything other than the ECU!

Trying to wire up ABS, BCM, ECU and SRS on the bench. Put this Tech1 to good use.
I put some diagrams up a while ago in wiring section
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

The1 wrote:I put some diagrams up a while ago in wiring section
Ah I knew I had seen them somewhere!
Just as a quick shortcut for anyone else that finds this thread: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4903

Cheers The1. :thumbup:

I was hoping for there to be some sort of connection between BCM and SRS.. maybe somehow induce a passthrough between both serial lines.. but doesnt appear to be possible. :thumbdown:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
The1

Post by The1 »

no i dont think there is the data from the srs just goes straight to the plug under the dash on a different pinout
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

The1 wrote:no i dont think there is the data from the srs just goes straight to the plug under the dash on a different pinout
Bit of a painful design for that.

Anyways, wired up and don't seem to be getting any responses from SRS module on bench setup. Im pretty damn certain that its pinned out correctly.. just no response to any requests. Will setup the tech1 later on :thumbup:
The1

Post by The1 »

Yeh I don't think it's aldl, I was able to listen in while doing a code clear years ago but couldn't make anything of the data, used a terminal program
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

The1 wrote:Yeh I don't think it's aldl, I was able to listen in while doing a code clear years ago but couldn't make anything of the data, used a terminal program
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... That changes things.. time to pull out the logic analyser.
The1

Post by The1 »

yeh it's on pin 1 on the ALDL Plug
Attachments
SCN_0003.pdf
(688.98 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
The1

Post by The1 »

Charlescrown wrote:Ok I have done some testing and here's the results from my VR

In the BCM area it will
display trouble codes
Data display
Theft status
Miscellaneous tests
Read key and radio codes. Saing this the code it gives me for the radio is 5 digit and the radio only needs 4.
Program remote keys. I have never done this and don't have a blank key to try.
Some of these tests did not work but I suspect it's my BCM or the BCM level. Mine is level 1. I haven't been able to read any data from the ABS for some time and I assume it comes via the BCM.

With the engine I could
Turn the fan speed on/off. This is the aircon fan because the car is V8 with viscous fan.
Turn the air con clutch on/off
Turn the fuel pump on/off.
I could also change my air fuel ratio up and down. This feature I think is good when diagnosing rich lean mixtures.

Hope this helps
If there is someone in Sydney that would be able to test and tell us more I am more than willing to spend some time with them to do a more comprehensive appraisal.
I ended up getting one from ebay, still the real deal for $170. Software installed and registered fine and downloaded all the vehicle software modules.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/262759313055 ... EBIDX%3AIT

So far have tried on my VX Wagon and VS Sedan and a BA Falcon Ute. For the commodores the menus in it mirror the tech1 and 2 identical, everything so far works as a tech1 or 2 does, i havn't tried programming a key but all the options are there the same, data lists, testing with mode 4, trouble codes and clearing codes works, relinking bcm and pcm, it's all the same. It had no issues going into cluster, climate control, abs, srs etc on both cars, it had no problems talking to the srs on the VS so they have figured out the VR/VS SRS format.

With the BA all the data and DTC items are there, i have no idea what a factory workshop tool would give you, i couldn't see any things to do with security linking for BCM and PCM im not sure if these need linking?

I should have access to a VW and Mazda vehicles later to try those. The thing that i will want to try the most is the horrid VZ commodore to see how it handles the linking codes and if it will do relinking at all.