Stroll Around Melbourne - some pics

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
The1

Re: Stroll Around Melbourne - some pics

Post by The1 »

psyolent wrote:The1, its my d5600 with 18-55mm kit lens. Yes, CPL in place. 1.3 second exposure, stopped right up IIRC to F16 just so i could get the longer exposure to soften the water.
Am looking at Nisi, Fomatt-Hitech or Cokin for ND filters so I can do 30 second exposures during daylight etc

PS: theres more of these coming too guys, sit tight :) They take a while to post process.
Nice, even kit lens doesn't do to bad at higher F's
The1

Post by The1 »

psyolent wrote:The1. The waterfall was ISO100, F14, 26mm, 0.5sec exposure. Hoya CPL. Nikon D5600 with 18-55 kit.
was it flowing fairly quick? for 0.5sec, unlike mine in that post being 30seconds.
The1

Post by The1 »

Charlescrown wrote:The1's pic of the ant is magic. So much detail and clarity. It looks like they have multiple eyeballs like a fly.
there was some eye shots on page1

Here's my desktop pic atm, these little jumping spiders are tiny as, like the tip of a pen small, the hardest thing ive ever had to try and get a photo of is a dance fly, ive only even gotten this 1 photo, i used to spends days at a farm taking pics, used to run the battery's dry, it's a fun game that never ends, this specialized lens is only manual focus as well which adds to it lol People freeze insects to get shots, so not fun. I should prob start another thread, not exactly Melbourne lol I have a gallery over here, will have to update it one day! Anyone else got a gallery?
http://1the1.deviantart.com/gallery/

Here's the lens i use
https://www.canon.com.au/camera-lenses/ ... 1-5x-macro
IMG_0477.jpg
IMG_0460.jpg
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

man that spider is so cute!
awesome detail. macro huh :)

i don't have a deviantart page, just more GCRPM Photogarphy on Stalkbook / Faceballs. I should set one up.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

this is tawonga gap

if you drive a couple of kays out of bright, then hang a left, you go up over a hill which takes you over to mt beauty.
i always love to capture this as its a beautiful spot and i love being able to look down into the valley below. it was a bit hazy which i've cleaned up but the rays from the sun on the left are pretty spesh.
Cheers,

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
slewinson
cars: Barina SB C14SE
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG

Post by slewinson »

psyolent wrote:this is tawonga gap

if you drive a couple of kays out of bright, then hang a left, you go up over a hill which takes you over to mt beauty.
i always love to capture this as its a beautiful spot and i love being able to look down into the valley below. it was a bit hazy which i've cleaned up but the rays from the sun on the left are pretty spesh.
Geez, you can almost see my house in that photo. That lookout is great but I can show you some other views of the valley that showcase the town as well.

Simon
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

Simon thats a date. I'l be up again soon as I didn't get near enough time to do anything like i wanted. Are you in Mt Beauty or Tawonga?
Cheers,

slewinson
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG

Post by slewinson »

I am in downtown tawonga and work in Mt beauty.

Let me know when you are coming up and I can help you out with some great spots.

Simon
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

luckiest man alive.
i have friends that live in mt beauty who i need to catch up with also.

will do. i have to sort out this silly hilux for some off road duties and make it more distance usable/friendly.
Cheers,

slewinson
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG

Post by slewinson »

Yep, I moved up here from suburbia (SE suburbs of Melbourne) nearly 20 years ago for a 6 month contract...

Probably know your friends as it is a really small place. The 3 best spots are accessible with a normal 2wd car with reasonable clearance. One of them is a bit rough but only about 1k walk from the main road.

Simon