vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Seam sealer patch/sheets?

Post by vlad01 »

Does anyone know where you can buy sheet or patches of seam sealer tape like product. Its the same as the tape you use on seams but in sheet form.

I managed to get a pack of patches from the US under the 3M brand but when I got it, it appears to have long expired and is hard as rock, instantly shattering when light pressure is applied when trying to slightly flex it. Spewing as it took me a very long time to find, a few years in fact I kept an eye out for such a product only to find NOS packets of it in the US and worse still its exactly identical thickness to the factory patches on the VN-VS boot drainage channel seam patches. So it would of been perfect for me to cad design a file to cut repros from. :thumbdown:

I can't find any current 3M listings for their products to it seems that this is discontinued product.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Gareth

Re: Seam sealer patch/sheets?

Post by Gareth »

Tried Wurth?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I've looked though their catalog many times before at every page, not specifically looking for this but I would of seen it straight away. I always look at their automotive range of products and haven't seen anything like that.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

If it was 3M you now have the part number so why not follow it up with 3m Australia.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I could try, but 3m are my customer at work and they pretty much only deal with the decals and scotch protective film systems for automotive and various double sided tapes.

The part number only points back to the ebay listing I got it from and some product manual from god knows what decade.