VZ LS1 Reduced Power Error

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

VZ LS1 Reduced Power Error

Post by Tazzi »

Not much online in regards to the Reduced Power Error that occurs in the VZ's, hopefully this will help anyone that stumbles across it.

It appears in the LS1 V8's, if the TACM is not a happy camper with what it sees between the pedal position sensors and also the throttle position, it jumps into reduced power mode.

A tech that was contacting me came across the problem, so been helping him resolve the problem.
What was frustrating.. is no fault was actually set in the ECM, but based on the documentation, one should be set.
Looking at the live data for pedal and Throttle position, it appeared they were ok, but suspecting the pedal may be intermittent, that was replaced, full power cycle... and it persisted.
Throttle body was then replaced, full power cycle.. same issue still.

I then did a search through all Holden VZ docos for Reduced Power and came across the two documents attached.

From what I gathered of all of it, it looks like the TP sensor and old pedal were out a fraction enough to cause the TACM to send a warning to drop into reduced performance.. but... not enough to cause a warning to occur in the ECM even though the docos indicate that if TACM detects an unacceptable difference them it causes ECM to lodge a fault.

To finally fix the issue, the TACM needed to do a relearn for it do be all happy with the fitted pedal+TB fitted. Surprising extremely simple.. leave ignition on and wait 29seconds and it will then perform the relearn.
The docos indicate the relearn should of occur if battery had been disconnected and then reconnected, but it was not the case for this!

Hopefully this helps someone out! I know it was an absolutely painful for both the tech and owner!
Attachments
TAC_VZ_LS1V8.pdf
(828.07 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
TAC_ReducedPower_TP.pdf
(183.83 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Gareth

Re: VZ LS1 Reduced Power Error

Post by Gareth »

Thanks for posting :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...