History of PCM Hacking

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Re: History of PCM Hacking

Post by charlay86 »

I joined after having a bad tune done on my car.
After some digging i realised that the PCM was running an HC11 which I was very familiar with from TAFE.
I got stuck into disassembling the software from the serial data and after a few years I had a pretty good idea about every line of code in a '396.
Soon I would be able to ditch the kalmaker tune for my own software *cue evil laughter*
The1 had been working on the early enhanced bins with extended MAF tables and airflow calcs.
At this point The1 and I were put in touch and after a lot of emails and not sleeping for a while I developed a basis for the extended cylinder air mass variables and extended tables. The1 then carefully implemented those and other patches and developed all the nice definitions etc.

BTW the offer still stands - if anyone can max out the enhanced code on a real engine I will feel obliged to extend it further.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Map bins for ecotec map bins for excited lol I hate mafs even for n.a. map sensor the world lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

yep I like map.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
The1

Post by The1 »

charlay86 wrote:I joined after having a bad tune done on my car.
After some digging i realised that the PCM was running an HC11 which I was very familiar with from TAFE.
I got stuck into disassembling the software from the serial data and after a few years I had a pretty good idea about every line of code in a '396.
Soon I would be able to ditch the kalmaker tune for my own software *cue evil laughter*
The1 had been working on the early enhanced bins with extended MAF tables and airflow calcs.
At this point The1 and I were put in touch and after a lot of emails and not sleeping for a while I developed a basis for the extended cylinder air mass variables and extended tables. The1 then carefully implemented those and other patches and developed all the nice definitions etc.

BTW the offer still stands - if anyone can max out the enhanced code on a real engine I will feel obliged to extend it further.
Highest ive seen a log of is 27LB of boost TVS1900 with L67 Forged and ZZP XP Hot Cam with a card maf, silver delphi maf got to 24LB, From memory cylair was around 1400, there's another build with a similar setup but a GTX3582R around 17psi getting 1300 cylair sitting near the limit of the silver delphi maf.