History of PCM Hacking

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
The1

Re: History of PCM Hacking

Post by The1 »

i had been fiddling with tech1's for a while but wanted to do more advanced things like tuning but didn't want to pay that much for kalmaker so i sat for a while before finding this forum, there was little info around and xdf versions a many, no blame to anyone, just not enough info or time to do anything about it, so i decided to start tinkering with getting adx/xdf/bin packaged up and make memcal id tool, to make the xdf's better i started looking at code and then the MAF problem was the first thing that needed solving so i did extend the tables then propagated that to all models and talked to antus about it so created enhanced mod, VL400/Antus had also done realtime for pcm i think so i then integrated that, i did a few other code things but mainly worked on polishing up the xdf's and adx's, then charlay86 also came along and wrote the whole code mod to extend cylair upto 1850. Since then not alot, i havn't had time due to family. There is still plenty in the works and items that are near beta testing.
L67PSI
cars: L67 VT Calais

Post by L67PSI »

Can we have a clue of what is in the works?

Great to see all these comments :thumbup:
L67PSI

Post by L67PSI »

vlad01 wrote:You are saying like it was a long time ago. Only been pcmhacking a sort time relatively speaking.
When did it change from delcohacking.net?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

2 years ago?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

It was more than that, closer to 4 I think. I liked your suggestion of automotivehacking too but not sure I want to re-build the search engine page rank again.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
The1

Post by The1 »

I should thanks Antus for the forums, running them at no cost without that none of this would exist
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

The name change wasn't long after I started lurking here, which happens to be exactly 5 years ago today
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
L67PSI

Post by L67PSI »

The1 wrote:I should thanks Antus for the forums, running them at no cost without that none of this would exist

I second that.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

antus wrote:It was more than that, closer to 4 I think. I liked your suggestion of automotivehacking too but not sure I want to re-build the search engine page rank again.

I don't think it was that long ago. It was ages after I joined and I joined late 2012 and it was a number of years after that and even after I started working for a new company in late 2015.

EDIT. Well I was wrong. Was mid 2013, fuck! getting old :thumbdown: oh wait I am old lol.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
The1

Post by The1 »

L67PSI wrote:Can we have a clue of what is in the works?

Great to see all these comments :thumbup:
dont want to get hopes up, can't guarantee anything at this rate atm.