cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Drones

Post by psyolent »

Hey

So on my last photo shoot there were dudes flying DJi Mavic Pro's around taking pics. very interesting indeed. But they are expensive.
Has anyone come across a cost effective drone solution with 12MP camera on it anywhere. I know theres a clone of the Mavic Pro but it appears to only have a 2MP camera on it.

Experience / Thoughts / Butt Hurt / Flamage - all welcome.

And yes. DIY drones. Been looking on there too.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
wozza
cars: VR commodore

Re: Drones

Post by wozza »

Hi Mate
Been flying RC since the late 70's :D.....drones/UAV/quads can get expensive if you wanna carry a decent payload...My son and I did some surveying(on a mates property) using a 450 sized quad with a mobile phone for imagery
worked well but buying parts new and 2nd hand still came close to a grand....Honestly they are boring as bat shit and close to being red taped out of existence, CASA has gotten involved....well they have always been but now are getting tough on legislation and I think there is a senate inquiry going on at the mo.The upside if you dont give a damn about rules :) is there are lot of abused drones coming up for sale RTF mainly because as I said they are boring...
have a look here https://www.rcgroups.com/australia-307/ and here https://www.rctrader.com/ like
https://www.rctrader.com/category/375/U ... opter.html
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

thanks wozza

convenient huh. i guess the government mustnt be making money off them so now needs to fuck everyone over so they can get their bit?
although i do get the idea of privacy and about them being in airspace where commercial planes fly.

my intent was more aerial photography. but looks like the likelihood of that happening in the future will be kaiboshed by the fuckwit government.

thanks for the links nonetheless.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
wozza
cars: VR commodore

Post by wozza »

Hi Mate
This shite been going on for years...honestly its a case of closing the gate after the horses have bolted, drones have been sold in there millions in aus. Pretty sure they were the xmas gift to buy last couple of years :D
Just keep it as small as possible for the task ...use common sense when flying and dont stream video (you need a ham radio licence for most fpv stuff)...the main uproar is over the blanket legislation as its not only drones but all R/C flying
and a shite fight between the park flyers and the lobby groups for the sport...
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

There definitely are issues about where drones are been flow and what they are used for i.e in controlled airspace and with video been used to spy on your sexy neighbor etc.....