vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: $8K for a gearbox? WTF?

Post by vlad01 »

No, its a 2013 model. Nissan only do a 12 month warranty or extended 100k or 24 and 36 are available which ever occurs first. Even best case scenarios its way pasts its warranty. It was out by a month before I even got given the car going by a 36 month warranty which I highly doubt the company even got.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
The1

Post by The1 »

seen this several times at my work, cars are now sitting in peoples back yards, sometimes complete with a dead ECU cause VW want 4K to replace or an insane amount for other parts and the car is no longer worth that much, they have since gone to other brands and will never go back, some companies will dig there own hole in my opinion.
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

the world has gone bloody mad.
shit VX rules.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

It was reported in the sun cars guide a few months back that a new drive shaft for the current VW amarok is 10k... WTF!!!
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

Biggvl wrote:It was reported in the sun cars guide a few months back that a new drive shaft for the current VW amarok is 10k... WTF!!!
Wow I thought $2k for a Navara that only needed a uni joint was to much.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Here I was thinking 1500 odd for a set of Gforce asymmetric anti wheel hop drive shafts were expensive for pontiac and commodore.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Macca97
cars: hj ute, hz wagon, copious amounts of random half started side projects

Post by Macca97 »

i just brought a 99 bravo ute off my neighbor cheap because he didnt want to put a windscreen in it for rego, so he went and brought another ute instead :shock: :shock: , a good wash and a new windscreen, blueslipped and regod today without a problem,
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Absolutely stupid prices are charged for these 'luxury' cars.

Sisters BMW is literally made of plastic. Entire engine uses shitty tubing and the most useless plastic head gasket cover known to man.

The plastic head gasket cover was $2000+ by it self, you could literally flex and snap in using your finger, the actual gasket was $200.
Then to actually change the buggers, have to remove extractors, turbos, ect to move a single (plastic!) pipe that covers the top of the head cover.

Once the damn thing was off, the edges were literally crumbling in your hand.
Which was the cause of the oil leaks onto the exhaust causing that lovely burning oil smell.

All up was about $4k with the labour.

Local German auto place says its extremely common in alot of the vehicles they get. Riddled with oil leaks from rubbish plastic/rubber. :thumbdown:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

shouldnt be suprised i guess.
IT is a good example. buy a product cheap but the SnS on it is 10 times the product cost. cheaper to re-license.
wow, 10K for a drive shaft. 4K for a head gasket cover and labour.
i will have to get into automotive and piss IT off.
Cheers,

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

OK. so a good news story.
even though the car is 3 years out of warranty - the gearbox is being replaced by VW.
my mate has been through a few dealers now who have all been shit. Epping VW - are for the win. they were more than helpful and went the extra mile - they took his case to VW and got a result. far in excess of what the other shitful dealers were doing.

so ; by word of mouth - you want good customer service (yes it still exists) - VW in Epping.
Cheers,