vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Good anti virus software?

Post by vlad01 »

As per title, whats a good one? I have tried a few of the "best recommended" but all are crap, too much CPU usage and one even was putting ads in all my ebay searches.
Last edited by vlad01 on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
jenko
cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon

Re: Goog anti virus software?

Post by jenko »

I reckon windows defender is good enough
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

jenko wrote:I reckon windows defender is good enough
can't use is as my windows cracked.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

I'm on win 10 crack use defender and update fine lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

MS built the anti-crack into win7 defender and a few other various unrelated updates . I can update everything except those including anti-crack code.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Ive never seen defender not work and i'd use it. Did they finally throw the off switch on free win 7 to 10 upgrades?

https://www.howtogeek.com/272201/all-th ... -for-free/
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

vlad01 wrote:MS built the anti-crack into win7 defender and a few other various unrelated updates . I can update everything except those including anti-crack code.
Never had an issue with AVG :thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I used to use AVG about 6 or so years ago but stopped as it was known to be a CPU hog, quite often using 100% CPU for no reason. No idea what its like now?

Is the free edition any good?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

antus wrote:Ive never seen defender not work and i'd use it. Did they finally throw the off switch on free win 7 to 10 upgrades?

https://www.howtogeek.com/272201/all-th ... -for-free/
I think so. but why you'd want win 10 is beyond me? I used it over a year and I honestly think its the worst MS OS followed by 8 and 8.1. I nuked my work laptop and put 7 on it and its 100 fold better now.

I used to hate ME the worst, but since 8 to the current they take the cake for me as pure shit.
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

AVG went downhill, for customers who need the whole kit and caboodle I usually switch back and forth between Avast and Avira depending on which one has the least overhead at the time. Both will require annual free "renewal" and collect some stats for future development use, they usually have a bit of a go at up-selling but not required. Anything with all the "real time shields" is going slow the machine down big time, but its a lot safer for those people who just can't be trusted to exercise common sense.

If you don't need all that junk and want something less intrusive then ClamAV's Windows version ClamWin is fine. It does still have an email filter built in if you want that, and you can install ClamSentinel separately if you really want a filesystem filter, but if you're sensible you can just use it on demand for suspect files. I use ClamAV on the Linux servers for all email and it does a reasonable job, a few false positives sneak in here and there but very regular updates.