3rd party pic hosting

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
firebug
cars: Pathfinder Ti 550, L67 Gemini

Re: 3rd party pic hosting

Post by firebug »

I went to Flickr. Not as convenient as PB but it works for free for now...
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
madmaxisback
cars: VN Calais
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

Photobucket should be ashamed! I have been trying to search heaps of forums etc for several old images that I have seen over the years to see how manifolds go on or look, see different size wheels on cars, suspension settings, engine specs etc etc etc. All ruined by a greedy company. Seriously probably the worst thing to happen to the internet since it started. Someone needs to step in and make all these pictures come back. Google, Amazon, Facebook maybe buy them out? Please.

End rant!
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I already knew it was the end ages ago as their dog tactics with ads and blocking you out, site crashing, bugs etc... All signs they were out of money and desperate.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

vlad01 wrote:I already knew it was the end ages ago as their dog tactics with ads and blocking you out, site crashing, bugs etc... All signs they were out of money and desperate.

Well I doubt they will have many takers at $39 per month. I would like to know how they calculated that rate. If they don't have people accessing the site then the advertising revenue will disappear also. The only reason use it is for 3rd party access. All my pictures and videos are backed up to icloud backup for $1.99 per month and also USB drive just in case.
madmaxisback
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

Leaves a massive hole it a lot of forums without the images... I would pay $50 per year to be able to see them or open a few adverts etc. But $39pcm is just outrageous and not even an option for most people! Silly move by them if you ask me... Soundcloud played similar game and looks like it might have lost!
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Just come across this on another forum,
I come across a hack for photophuket.

Just add ~original to the end of the link and it works! (before the [/img])
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Hey thats nice. I also found a link to a phpbb3 hack which downloads the remote content and saves it locally.... its not a clean way of doing, more patching php directly than i'd like and who knows if it even works properly but put the two of them together and it should fix itself. I better get on to that soon, before photophucket phixes shit.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
OZ38
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.
VT V6 powered 4x4 Hilux ute.

Post by OZ38 »

immortality wrote:Just come across this on another forum,
I come across a hack for photophuket.

Just add ~original to the end of the link and it works! (before the [/img])
I wonder how long before photophuket finds out & stops it.
Great right now. Might give us time to save our pics in posts before we again forget what we had up.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

antus wrote:Hey thats nice. I also found a link to a phpbb3 hack which downloads the remote content and saves it locally.... its not a clean way of doing, more patching php directly than i'd like and who knows if it even works properly but put the two of them together and it should fix itself. I better get on to that soon, before photophucket phixes shit.
Need a hand with anything?
madmaxisback
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

Found something to help me with this rubbish that Photobucket have done.

Add this plugin to Chrome and do cache refresh: CTRL SHIFT R and its happy days again!!
Check out "Fix Embedded Photobucket Images": https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... urce=gmail