3rd party pic hosting

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

3rd party pic hosting

Post by heff0018 »

Hi all, what application are people using to post pics on the site now. Photobucket have gone feral and want over $400 a year to Enable 3rd party hosting of pics. I don't mind paying something but $39 per month is over the top. Thanks
Holden202T

Re: 3rd party pic hosting

Post by Holden202T »

I just upload them directly to each post, then they are on the forum and work all the time.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Could you show us how to do that? please :D
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Bellow the reply window there is a list of options, next to that is "Upload attachments", Then click on "Choose file", this allows you to link the file you wish to upload from your PC. Once that is done hit the "add file" button which will then add the file to the post. Once that is done, move the cursor to the location you want the file in your post and hit the "place inline" button.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Ant is working on a solution to get back all existing posts that are directing to PB. So far I think he has all of G's and my pics. He got the entire albums off PB.

but yeah that's what I'm doing for the mean time.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Very cheeky of photobucket...
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah there are nearly 2000 photobucket pics to fix. I have most of the images but could only get those which included the owners account in the name. I have built a list of affected posts but dont have a way to do a bulk upload to the forums. I could host them on the same machine but outside of phpbb but then its a legacy hack i'll need to consider forever.

Please do upload directly to the forums, its all backed up and im planning to keep all the content preserved. 3rd party image hosts come and go. Not good for the long term.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

or put photos as public on stalkbook and link back to stalky :)
i didn't know you could u/l photos on here. bye bye photo-fucket. i have hated that shitty app for years.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Post by 0081 »

One thing to keep in mind is that some forums have a size limit for pictures.

Is there a limit on here?
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

antus wrote:Yeah there are nearly 2000 photobucket pics to fix. I have most of the images but could only get those which included the owners account in the name. I have built a list of affected posts but dont have a way to do a bulk upload to the forums. I could host them on the same machine but outside of phpbb but then its a legacy hack i'll need to consider forever.

Please do upload directly to the forums, its all backed up and im planning to keep all the content preserved. 3rd party image hosts come and go. Not good for the long term.

That is very good of you and much appreciated. On Another forum I use the administrator doesn't care and won't consider hosting pics on his site but I am not complaining. I don't pay a fee for using these sites so I don't expect anything in return. Photobucket is so heavy in advertising content that I assumed that it was providing the revenue stream.

I will certainly upload directly from now on.

:thumbup: