antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: 3rd party pic hosting

Post by antus »

Ok, well, ive create this page which is temporary but provides links to all the posts with 'photobucket' in them. Most of them are links to photobucket, some will just be mentions like this post im typing right now. The page is realtime, so if all the links are fixed and replaced with uploaded images (and photobucket isnt mentioned elsewhere in the post) they will disappear from the list.

There are two caviets

1) I cant identify what page of the thread the links are on, so I am always linking the first page. If you click the link and dont see the image, either try other pages or try another link.
2) Right click -> save as does not save the image, it saves the PB html page. You need to right click->view image, then right click->save as the image. Long winded :(

https://pcmhacking.net/pb.pl

Mods, if you can install the plugin above and help with the clicks and save when you are able and then edit the post and upload them back in, that would be awesome. I'll so the same. The long posts where its going to take half an hour to find which posts can be ignored for now. I can figure out those ones out myself or fix them. But feel free to go through eg vlads thread and fix any images you find go for it. Theres no shortage! Every image fixed is something that wont be lost when PB goes under.

Those couple of members who have PM'd me, I'll be in contact.

Thanks, and its greatly appreciated!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Ive fixed a handful in my lunch break, due to various internet cacheing sometimes you get the direct access denied image even when you were just looking at the correct image before going right click -> save as. You need to check the images before you upload them, and have another go at any which are not correct before uploading back to the forum. Ugh.

Was 1038 posts to begin with.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

iv got the images coming up fine from crapbucket but the videos arent loading anyone had this issue yet just sits there buffering constantly
from this post
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=50&p=257#p257
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Thanks for the help yesterday/last night dazza, i woke up in the am and hit it again too. Together we got it down from 1038 posts to 896. So far so good! In the end i was on a post in the middle of delcowizid's thred and just kept going on the one thread. Were not going to forget the drag starlet now :) pages around 40 to 60 covered there and left it open on my workstation so i can continue the contiguous block later.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

antus wrote:Thanks for the help yesterday/last night dazza, i woke up in the am and hit it again too. Together we got it down from 1038 posts to 896. So far so good! In the end i was on a post in the middle of delcowizid's thred and just kept going on the one thread. Were not going to forget the drag starlet now :) pages around 40 to 60 covered there and left it open on my workstation so i can continue the contiguous block later.
If you fix the pics then delco needs to finish the car..... :)
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

haha yea i did the same started at the start of delcowizids posts i only just caught up to your editing. ive got pictures of that startel diff engrained into my cornea.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

You guys are too much lol I'm working from a tablet most days and it does my head in trying to do anything on it I've lost count of how many times its nearly been a frizbie I'll fire up the pc and do some pics tonight
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Thats your thread sorted, unless we missed any all images are now local. Time to move on to the next (857 posts remaining)

Vlad - would love to hit your thread but so far 256 pages just looks soul destroying :cry: Need to start that one fresh.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

lol yeah

But 256 is such a good number. mmmm powers of 2

I have all my pics but my issue is the time it takes my PC to index the images every time I open the folder, like 2 min every time, so imagine doing that like 1000 time lol.

I think I will do it from my work laptop as I have the PB account as is downloaded so the pic names should match 100% where as my home PC I might of accidentally over written some as I have cycled my phones pic naming sequence more that twice, maybe 3 times already. So pics should have (2) or (3) at the end but there is 3 options on the save when names duplicate, easy to press the wrong one.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Lol... 1 little post, so many images. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2784&p=38809#p38734

Yeah, i have the gallary download but the sorting is the killer. Im right click -> copy image location -> ctrl +t (new tab) -> click tab-> ctrl +v paste for each image, then f5 on each tab for the reload (so the save will work) then go across the tabs and right click save as. All of this in to a temp dir, which I clear out after each post. The hot keys speed it up a bit, though PB is so slow sometimes rather than wait for it I start uploading the images I have to the post. Then once they're attached replace the links one by one. This way if Ive missed any (like I missed 5 in that huge post) its clear which ones at the end and can go again on the missed images. That way also all the images in the folder are for the same post so you can charge though it with less though.. only need to think when your replacing the images in the thread so you dont get muddled. Once the post is done, next post. Until worn out, then come back later :comp:

Looks like were down to 794 posts left, though that could still be a couple of thou images.