24 hour Lemons

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Gareth

Re: 24 hour Lemons

Post by Gareth »

Just because i lost a bet and had to march in THE gay march in Sydney a few years ago and just because i like to cross dress doesn't mean that I look after my nails, ain't got time for that shit!!!
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

vlad01 wrote:Whats that? sparkly nails are allowed?
https://24lemons.com.au/the-rules-and-regs-2/

"4.5 Sponsorships: Conned some hardworking corporate into giving you parts or cash? Nice work, but it still counts toward the $999 total. We recommend blowing that sponsorship dough on other stuff instead – hotel rooms, fuel, entry fees, pedicures, driver suits, personal male enhancement medication, travel expenses, Freudian therapy for the Organizers – things like that."
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

AHHHHAHAHA I died!!!

Nice find :lol:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Was just having a look at this in NZ, looks like fun until you see the drivers fee....
HOW MUCH does it cost? Like any activity, it’s going to cost money to race – BUT driving in Lemons is some of the least expensive fun you can have in Motorsport in the world! A summary of the main costs (incl. gst) are:
Your Lemon (car): $999 or less (hopefully)
Entry fee for car: $458.85
Entry fee (per driver): $672.75
Entry fee for Pit crew/spanner monkeys: $75 each
Additional Safety equipment (required) for your car: No limit to how much you can spend – normally around $2,000 buys everything: cage, seat, harness, fire extinguisher, kill switch – and you only need to buy this ONCE!
Safety gear for each DRIVER (helmet, gloves, suit etc) REQUIRED: No limit to how much you can spend!
So going by their recommendations (5 drivers minimum and mechanic) you basic entry costs are NZ$3822.60 plus the car, all the safety mods as well as racing gear for each driver. I recon you'd be looking at NZ$10K once everybody is geared up.

And the basic car build rules
There are several key areas Lemons’ tech inspectors will be focusing on during scrutineering:

Roll cage (must be homologated through Motorsport NZ)
Driver’s seat
Racing harness
Fire extinguisher
Kill-switch
Nothing to hard there except probably the cage and getting it certified.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

This is why work is looking at doing it, they would fully splash out on this.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality

Post by immortality »

I'd get laughed at if I went to the boss and asked for sponsorship for something like this (sadly).
Macca97
cars: hj ute, hz wagon, copious amounts of random half started side projects

Post by Macca97 »

vr 5lt sitting here at home would be perfect for it, paid 500 for the car, give the auto a tune, and give the heads a tickle maybe throw a cam in it (brought it like it ;) aha) and be loads of fun
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

immortality wrote:I'd get laughed at if I went to the boss and asked for sponsorship for something like this (sadly).
Wasn't my idea actually, a few of the higher managers apparently have been wanting to do it for years and it wasn't until the op's manager moved to melbourne few weeks ago for 6 month term that he mentioned to me and I am getting the ball rolling since sadly I am the only proper car enthusiast in the whole 70 odd person company, there is one other tech who does work somewhat on his on car and does few mods but the rest who like them and want to race actually don't get their hands dirty and I think is mainly the reason they haven't actually done this.

I will speak to my manager again on monday and lay out the realist budget, shouldn't be any issues as his is part of the family that run and own the company, the CEO is his bother. They usually spend more on the bar tab when we have company outings lol
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Macca97 wrote:vr 5lt sitting here at home would be perfect for it, paid 500 for the car, give the auto a tune, and give the heads a tickle maybe throw a cam in it (brought it like it ;) aha) and be loads of fun

I'll just chuck on a v8 tb and pick up a cheap set of pacemakers which the TB they wont know and the pacemakers can fit into the 999 budget anyway. Then the brake upgrades, full suspension rebuilt and good tyres all are exempt anyway. Will go for later VP larger brakes and it will stop well with good pads.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Do you have access to a mill? If you do slot the rotors.