A place For General Chit Chat Etc
ralcool
cars: VK L67 T5
VQ V8 W55
Kawasaki 750turbo

Adventures using a TOP2007 programmer on Windows 10

Post by ralcool »

So a fun afternoon.

Started off (again) determined to get my trusty TOP2007 ebay special programmer I've used for years on an old Win7 32bit desktop, on my newish Chinese laptop.

A Chuwi Hi10... Dual boot thing. A year old now and performing well. Usually runs in Win10 mode, gagged to prevent OS upgrades. (on 1511)

Running the ancient TopWin6 software failed for two reasons. 64bit OS, and un-signed drivers.

Using 'unsigned driver enforcement' (option 7) nearly worked.. but the drivers still refused to load apparently due to being 32bit.
I found a post that suggested using a 64 bit installer directly from Juno, and manually loading the driver inf.

All worked well said the log.txt, But again Win10 blocked it. Even said so in device manager.

Three fails.

I ran Vmware 12... and tried a proper activated copy of virtual XP SP3 I keep to run some other old things, ran the installer....

The device is resolved in guest device manager. I thought the Host OS had to already support something to be passed on.

Well blow me down, It works!... I flashed, erased and tested a couple Roms.

Not as quick as a NVRAM... but now finally I re-flash on the road.

Biggvl sent me a wideband... busy times ahead.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Adventures using a TOP2007 programmer on Windows 10

Post by Dylan »

Good to see you had a win. What car is planned for tuning?
ralcool
cars: VK L67 T5
VQ V8 W55
Kawasaki 750turbo

Post by ralcool »

Ahh, The L67 T5 VK Wagon.

Its running rich, its waay of base tune now.. 10psi pulley, 39lb injectors, manual. I'm struggling to put into practise all I've read.

The motor is running strong, puts in daily miles. But its off whack. I'll wire up the wide band, and do some fresh logs.

I've bought an exhaust bung to weld in next week to put before the cat after the y join for the WB.

I would happily drive out to see someone like Biggyvl or VXL67getrag? for a dyno tune. Since otherwise in Vic.

Otherwise, keep plugging at it.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yep thats good! Win 10 is serious about driver quality and blocks the unisgned possibly dodgy old stuff now which seems to be necessary to force some vendors to put their drivers through the quality gates. The greater good, really, but a lot of the hobbyist electronics we use is what burns. Agree vmware is the best solution. (also virtualbox. Free but harder to use for some things). Still capable.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396