Vr Buick Manuel

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Jacko
cars: Vr 5spd manuel

Vr Buick Manuel

Post by Jacko »

Hi guys recently brought a new car ( vr commodore 5 Spd converted from auto ) I am having trouble with it.

The car will idle and free reve, when taking off its fine going into secound gear is fine but as soon as I start to power on for the next gear change it cuts out ?
So I kept it in first and made the reves real high it cuts out ? But it will crack over and start witching a couple of seconds
When coming to a stop the reves shit real high for Around 30 seconds, the reves drop to a normal rpm ?

I checked the obd plug and all it's showing me is code 12 ( nothing wrong )

I have checked the fuel filter and it's clean, it's pumping a good amount of fuel, checked spark it's good, tryed my fuel regulator it's good it has 225kpa at idle discounted the vacuum off the regulator and got 275kpa ( car was still running smooth )

Took it for a drive and watched the fuel gauge when it cut out the fuel pressure never dropped, hooked up a timing light to watch ignition fireing when the car cut out the ignition was still fireing.

It is running a vr ecu ( bkcy) the chip is a vp ( babs3579 )
I also have no speedo and no rev gauge

Thanks for any help
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vr Buick Manuel

Post by Dylan »

VN chip on a VR is no good as the fuel cut will be activating. At around 40kmh it will be reading over 200kmh in the calibration as the VN runs a different PPK setting to VR.
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

Dylan wrote:VN chip on a VR is no good as the fuel cut will be activating. At around 40kmh it will be reading over 200kmh in the calibration as the VN runs a different PPK setting to VR.
So if I get a vr Manuel chip it will fix my problem?
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

It'll fix the fuel cut. Provided the current VN memcal is stock.
Is the current ecu a VR manual or a VN one?
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

Dylan wrote:It'll fix the fuel cut. Provided the current VN memcal is stock.
Is the current ecu a VR manual or a VN one?
Thanks for your reply. It is a VR manual ECU. The memcal is out of a VP manual and I have the VP manual ECU too. I did try it as a complete unit in the car but with the same results. And I would guess it is cutting out at around 40km/h.

I don't know if the 5 speed box is the right model? It has the screw on pulse modulator type sped sensor. Not the magnetic pick up type.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

All sounds good. Just need the right memcal. An VR auto one can be re programmed to suit even a V6 can be set up for a V8.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Unplug the speed sender and see if you can hit 60kmh
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

Dylan wrote:Unplug the speed sender and see if you can hit 60kmh
Just tried unplugging the sensor be for you posted. Yep drives fine through all gears and speeds.
So the goal would be to get a VR manual memcal or reprogrammed to VR.
Thank you all for your help so far.
So did VN to VR 5 speed gearboxes have the same puls type speed sensor set up?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Vn the speed input goes via the dash to the ecu the dash changes the pulse count going to the ecu.vr just goes direct to the ecu same gear bag same sensor etc new memcal and away you go
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

delcowizzid wrote:Vn the speed input hoes via the dash to the ecu the dash changes the pulse count going to the ecu.vr just goes direct to the ecu same gear bag same sensor etc new memcal and away you go

Thank you all for your help. I take my hat off to all of what I belive to be masters of a dark art.