Win7 x64 lost hdd partition

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
VX L67 Getrag

Re: Win7 x64 lost hdd partition

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Bugger... I already had it set as mbr & put original install disk in & restarted & used start up repair as I don't use restore(wastes hdd space unless doing funky stuff)... so now it tried restore & then just goes to black screen with flashing cursor & still doesn't boot..,

Now I'm doing funky stuff I wish I used restore... lol
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Just to add to it, now seeing I have a good win7 setup on another SSD that is set as MBR also I tried migrating that across to the other hdd thats now cactus from trying GPT that didn't work & going back to MBR & still cant run I tried copying the SSD win7 partiton across to other standard hdd but I can't get ANY (aomei, norton, partition magic or diskmgmt to recognize in any PC) is there any trick to it?

It's just a standard MBR formatted ssd drive thats setup as boot, but as I said nothing apart from what it's running in while recognize it but then I can't clone it if it's running the PC?
The1

Post by The1 »

if your pc doesn't have UEFI dont change it GPT if you want to boot from it.

Im not sure why it's not converting it back, ive never changed one back to MBR from GPT. But looking at the Microsoft help pages they always specify cleaning the disk to convert it back to MBR, so perhaps it cannot be done with data on the drive.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lib ... s.11).aspx
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Stupidly on another machine still with aomei I converted it back to MBR & then it repaired on startup once I installed it back into original machine, but now I have used SSD in the same machine & made updates to invoice's(myob) I cant get it to recognize & get files from SSD drive even though it is just a standard MBR setup but as boot drive only so how can I get files off it?
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

The SSD drive is a 1.8" & has it's own adapter to convert to 2.5" like I have but maybe it's causing issues & why other softwares can't see it so I will buy an idependant 1.8" adapter & see if it allows connections to other PC's again Thank you for all your responses especially Antus & The1!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

There are different ways of addressing the ssd you can set in the bios, including legacy emulation modes. Having these settings set different on different machines could break compatability, though this link makes it sound like thats only boot issues due to drivers (nothing to do with different machines), so maybe its not related here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance ... _Interface
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Thanks for that Antus, I'll check it out!
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

O.K. this 1.8" SSD is now pissing me off, it's a genuine Intel SSDSA1M080G2LE & can only find 1 PC that actually detects it but can't find drivers to install for it anywhere...
devmgmt ssd cant find driver.png
devmgmt ssd cant find driver.png (23.51 KiB) Viewed 4415 times
So I went to Intel site & used to be able to just run the program in website to detect & update Intel drivers but now they only have installer program & tried installing that & get this error message...
0x80070643 & I posted on intel support about that but 1 problem keeps leading me to another WTF???
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Is it an internal sata drive? ssd shouldnt need any driver, but the controller on the computer motherboard might. try the laptop manufacturer.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

it's a 1.8" Intel SSD that then goes into a special caddy to go out to standard 2.5" size to fit into the Lenovo Thinkpad T410 but the only drivers they have/show is for SSD firmware update that I can find.