cars: mitz L300
holdens i have owned
TD,TE TG gemini
HBII LC4 UC x2 torana
VH Commodore
EH Special

Re: Major incoming CPU bugs

Post by barana »

My everyday (apart from the BlackBerry which is gold) is a12 y.o. single core ppc 7450 aka a ppcg4e@ 1.67ghz with morphos, an up to date os.This ppc g4e is oblivious to meltdown, but technically marginally vulnerable to spectre, but under testing,under attack has shown just go to 100% cpu usage and what the tests pull from the pipeline often isn't even accurate.If I get an attack it'll just goto 100% cpu and I'll have to reboot
And speed wise with all these patches killing branch prediction,my machine is now as fast as the latest.
There IS security in obscurity. ;)
"Its alright for god, he doesnt drive a kingswood.Even the nuns only have toranas"-Ted Bullpit
Me:yeah,corse,God's a Holden man
Mate:whaaa?
Me:Psalm 83:15 so pursue them with your Tempest and terrify them with your Storm
A Holden & a pontiac
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Major incoming CPU bugs

Post by antus »

post meltdown patches.png
post meltdown patches.png (26.54 KiB) Viewed 1423 times
Well, there it is from gpuboss benchmarks. Most of those historical stats would be before the meltdown patches came out. Mine is after, probably along with the smaller count of other bottom scores. Still runs pretty nice especially considering its 7 year old architecture, though.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396