vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Cryptocurrencies.. whos in it?

Post by vlad01 »

why keep it quiet, its common knowledge. nvidia have been making teslta compute cards for years and year already and always have cost a bomb, just like the quadro cards do.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

mining is just brute forcing hashes, just needs massive parallel compute, not anything specific. If those cards are good for AI and not so much for graphics Im not sure how much better they'd be, but I havnt researched the hardware. Sounds like just more specific for more complex workloads. I think its about time the world stopped calling them GPUs and maybe started calling them massively parallel computers.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Volta does have an insane amount of cores same as regular graphics cores as they are good at parallel processing just they are lower clocked as they are not for gaming. The additional tensor cores are for neural networking for self leaning aka AI. Those are still parallel in nature.

At least the GP part of volta would mine well just no one would spend that capital as its a poor return at that price.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

3k for a card... nope.. so much nope. :wtf:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Thats nothing. the quadro and tesla cards are 3-4 times that price and tesla don't even have display outputs lol

check out this old gen P100 lol. nvidia is the money now!

https://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-Tesla-P10 ... tesla+v100
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

yeah i think they're P90s at work... they look like that. 4 per chassis per 2ru space with infiniband interconnects between chassis. Very fast linux cluster. Very.... everything. Were definately not the target market for that gear.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Anyone know what the reason for the fall in prices across all crypto over the last 2-3 weeks have been caused by? Looks to have been something quite substantial for most of them to drop less than half what they were last month despite the trade volume unchanging?
The1

Post by The1 »

i think it's the usual cycle at this time of the year plus the usual hype train, but it had the korean thing thrown in ontop

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/29/south-k ... ffect.html
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Yeah I heard about Korea putting in laws of something as well.
The1

Post by The1 »

it's a good time to buy atm, ive put money in and will hold for 6 months or so and wait for the gains, some areas im betting will double value. Ive also put some in for the longer term 1-5yrs.