VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Just for you VSH because you love them

Post by psyolent »

Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Just for you VSH because you love them

Post by antus »

Thats lol worthy. OMG nasty things are possible if you can flash the bios allready or have local admin to begin with. And CTS themselves claim they have financial interests in the companies it'll affect. Lets wait n see but it sounds like a lot of stock market manipulation bull. Probably people who bought up when intel stock was low and are now trying to push it up again.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Interesting and a good laugh, but seems their claims and lack of disclosure to AMD is really sus especially with flashing the bios required being mentioned which in any case can induce vulnerabilities.

Smells like those bogus lawsuits against AMD several weeks ago on basis of not disclosing information on their vulnerabilities.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Pretty much sums up my finding lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HxkLlmh4EY
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

OMFG! this just gets even better lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ7H1WTqaeo
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Can you provide a quick summary of the videos? 9 and 20 minutes run time, and im gathering the summary is yes, its a load of crap or not relevant?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Massive load of crap the least to say. One of the "white papers" is just the ramblings of some crazy nut job lol. Its worth watching as its pretty funny actually.

From what many suspect it seem to be some attempt to manipulate AMD's stock prices or some other motive, a very amateur one at that as there is no consistency and full of red flags in there claim and delivery.

The vulnerabilities could possibly exist but all practically require access to the system physically and user rights so.... you might as well just take the data you want or the whole PC for the matter. These are yet to be looked into but either way logic tells you its a pretty stupid way of going about it even if its possible.