krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Re: OOOHHHH a police memcal...

Post by krusty »

Comes with built in sirens I'd imagine
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

haha good old trx allways catering for the people who want things and have no idea
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Apples

Post by Apples »

I love the memcal adapters he is also selling lol. :D
Don't make excuses. Make more horsepower.
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Post by Dec_head »

I have read the arguments over the so called amazing police tunes on just commodores and had a good laugh at the fantasy stories some people come out with.
Another good one is the vt dash in police mode they think that makes the car go quicker.
But their is one memcal that confuses me the bwcs vs v8 i have had 2 of them and they had a knock filter board on them and came out of vs clubsports what's the story with them ? are they incorrectly marked as interceptor or are they the only one that has any enhancement over a stock tune ?
Mamba
cars: 1995 Holden Commodore VS Wagon
2006 Holden Berlina VZ Wagon

Post by Mamba »

I have seen a number of these around for sale and speaking from the point of a novice with no automotive experience I don't understand what makes them so different..if anything..have to agree with Dec_head about feebay (that post made me laugh as I totally agree about ebay) and memcals that just seem to be too good to be true or promise some incredible power advantage....this coming from someone who thought a kalmaker tune was the way to go...also looked into power chips...performance chips etc in an attempt to get the most out of my vs wagon....couldn't afford them anyway and probably just as well....don't think any of them could beat a memcal prepared by delco wizid, dr bob, greenfoam or any other of the experienced professionals on this board.
Doctor Bob
cars: VN, VT

Post by Doctor Bob »

BWCS is a HSV part so it stands to reason they are fitted to Clubsports.
Some Police packs were fitted with the 185kw package as part of an initiative to keep the engine running cooler at high speed, we found the extractors lowered the underbonnet temperatures in high ambient conditions at high speed. these cars were also fitted with a bigger radiator, this was used in WA & some in NT.

Rob
Dec_head

Post by Dec_head »

Ah i see said the blind man thanks for clearing that one up it always confused me why it was listed as rfi yet i have have a genuine non rfi ecm here wich the bwcs came out of and the ecm is stamped bwcs and was from a clubsport.
Then again i have a vs v8 manual ecm here somewhere as well wich has an auto service number on it from hsv with a manual memcal code guessing someone had a few to many that day.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah but you also have to remember these cars are something like 15 yrs old and who knows what memcal/pcm changes have occured in their previous owners life.

my mates car for example, had a BWCS memcal in it with knock filter and is in the HSV pcm aswell, yet the motor in the car (VS) had all the markings of a VN 5ltr .... knock sensor not in it but it had the HSV exhaust .... oh and a manual conversion with the CEL bulb removed ..... god knows whos done what to it!!
Dec_head

Post by Dec_head »

too true seen some abortions like that hsv chips with no knock sensor is a common one. made me laugh like i think it was a vr vs auto powerchip in a vr manual computer .
Inlet manifold gaskets on wrong blocking the water jackets.
Exhaust gaskets on the wrong way half blocking the ports.
Cat converters backwards.
huge solid lifter cams thrown in with stock lifters springs etc.
i like the outrageous claims on dodgy resistor chips though especially the good old 10 cent resistor performance of 20 hp +++++ or the new dodgy variable resistor mods that take it one step further and let you dial in your maximum power wooohoooo lol :driving: