BINKY tomorrow

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: BINKY tomorrow

Post by immortality »

Charlescrown wrote:Man how much is this car costing. I estimate the hvac system is $20,000 plus. I suppose all the supporters are paying for it.
They are only doing this on the weekend so I'm sure the man hours isn't as great as you think.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

lets be honest if we all counted the hours we'd spent on our toys would anything be worth it ? :)

i know personally for me, while i say i dont have enough time, i certainly have more time than the money to pay someone to do it all for me, and lets face it, in the past when i've done that i've been disappointed!
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I fully agree that if not for the love of it we wouldn't see most of these projects getting so well done. I agree with the comment about being disappointed with paying someone to do the work and that's because the time and money formula is in place.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

its not even that though, some people just do shit work cause they can get away with it ..... I had a diff housing shortened years ago, and they didn't even line the two parts of the axle tube up before they welded them back together .... to me that just sheer laziness ..... I can tell you I certainly paid enough for it.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:lets be honest if we all counted the hours we'd spent on our toys would anything be worth it ? :)

i know personally for me, while i say i dont have enough time, i certainly have more time than the money to pay someone to do it all for me, and lets face it, in the past when i've done that i've been disappointed!

Absolutely not if you had to pay someone else. And yes, get someone to do something instead of yourself on most parts you get disappointing. I say to anyone If you can do a better job yourself, do it!

I only pay people for stuff that is very specialized and can't be done without either expensive facilities/equipment and or years/decades of experience and special skills.

Body paint is my perfect example. Don't have the proper controlled environment and equipment and don't have the long term experience even though I have a very good knowledge of it to be able to get the good result I want.

e-coat and plating. I don't have the multi million $ facility in my back yard to do it :lol:

Everything else though, hell yeah I'll do it myself! :thumbup:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
firebug
cars: Pathfinder Ti 550, L67 Gemini

Post by firebug »

Episode 18...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX4lBvHDMs8[/youtube]

Damn you Millsy... lol!
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

What a great watch, All that work for wipers...

Love old mates reaction to the job not being finished :D

Vlad spec x10... :lol:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

...and only 10 hours to make the wiper motor support bracket!

Wiring next, that should be fun but then they really are good at taking what is really mundane stuff and making it interesting to watch.
barana
cars: mitz L300
holdens i have owned
TD,TE TG gemini
HBII LC4 UC x2 torana
VH Commodore
EH Special

Post by barana »

Ohhhhh those fellas... Yes I remember a certain celica.... And Vlad... Agreed. But I'm getting better with the mig... Maybe I should move up and try working with araldited talc again.......nah.
"Its alright for god, he doesnt drive a kingswood.Even the nuns only have toranas"-Ted Bullpit
Me:yeah,corse,God's a Holden man
Mate:whaaa?
Me:Psalm 83:15 so pursue them with your Tempest and terrify them with your Storm
A Holden & a pontiac
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yep another good episode :)