BINKY tomorrow

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Gareth

Re: BINKY tomorrow

Post by Gareth »

Finally, it makes the noise!!! :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Wow that was quick! Good to see even those guys setting timing and trying to figure out if its on the intake stroke or the exhaust stroke too!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

I've never understood how or why some one could get that off ... Such fine work only to flop on something so so simple.

Especially those of their caliber!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

You gotta remember it's a show their making.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

It's also a fully sealed, freshly painted engine, probably didn't want to just whip off the rocker cover and check the intake valve on the No1 cylinder and with it been overhead cammed with the plugs down the middle you can't just put your finger over the spark plug hole and feel for compression either.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

You can see the lobes through the oil filler hole…
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
immortality

Post by immortality »

Fair enough, I'm not familiar with that engine.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Excuses Excuses Excuses ...

There is NO EXCUSES for that in today's world ... NONE!
We have the tech to do it without opening the motor!

a ~$16us Endoscope!

I assure you, that would not be a point of drama if I was them, that screams LAZY ... It screams you just didn't do your due diligence!
And in my opinion that's just not like them.

Sorry, I like them, they are humorous, and I very much admire their level of workmanship ... It is exactly what I expect from myself or those that do for me, if not it's redone or tossed!

Timing is something that can be set near perfection before fire up in most vehicles today, including dizzy motors!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
immortality

Post by immortality »

Damn, some harsh critics. I guess building a car from scratch whilst filming it must be easy, that is why everybody is doing it to their level of detail and skill.

It's not like they sat their cranking it needlessly for hours before deciding something was wrong like I have seen on other channels with stock engines/PCM's.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

immortality wrote:Damn, some harsh critics. I guess building a car from scratch whilst filming it must be easy, that is why everybody is doing it to their level of detail and skill.
Who said it was easy, I surely didn't, nor would I.
I would assume the challenge is a good portion of doing it in the first place ...

Very few do it to their level because it takes skill, equipment and time, time is money!
Therefore it can only be done as a passion unless you are lucky enough to have customers that are willing to pay for that time, most want it all for nothing, so shortcuts are taken.

Shortcuts are a path to failure! IMO.
immortality wrote:It's not like they sat their cranking it needlessly for hours before deciding something was wrong like I have seen on other channels with stock engines/PCM's.
Amen!
That's the difference between those that know what they're doing and those that do not.

I'm old school (pre roller norm) and I have had to deal with the pain of telling way to many customers that your cam is flat because you didn't heed the very clearly written do's and don'ts that were provided when you bought your motor.

-Enjoy

[edit]
Just so it's known, no offense, no anger, just passion!