Knock sensors

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Knock sensors

Post by Wade »

Yeah I already went through that. At 15psi I had to gap the plugs down to 0.75mm
The1

Post by The1 »

Enhanced code still runs the stock knock code, the only thing i added was a code loop counter 0-255 which increments by 1 every time the knock code loop is run, which is Knock Active Loops in the ADX. The knock code wont activate until the 2nd loop, then it has to go through all the timer checks, if you want it more sensitive i think you can reduce the addon timer, usually there's quite a bit added from the factory. I have my own car tuned pretty reasonable compared to festy's knock board and headphones, but yes the factory setup isn't great.

Also remember the stock code is only set to pull 11deg max timing, so if someones stuck 20deg up top then it wont save you.

VX,VY Flash pcm's started to improve the code adding per cylinder knock and some frequency and DB Level filtering, it was on my ultimate list of retirement goals to look at that code and perhaps improve it? and or port it to other models.
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

Yeah I like that about the flash tunes.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

The1 wrote: VX,VY Flash pcm's started to improve the code adding per cylinder knock and some frequency and DB Level filtering, it was on my ultimate list of retirement goals to look at that code and perhaps improve it? and or port it to other models.

That would be awesome, with filtering and per cylinder knock (windowing) it would greatly reduce false knock and make it much more reliable.
barana
cars: mitz L300
holdens i have owned
TD,TE TG gemini
HBII LC4 UC x2 torana
VH Commodore
EH Special

Post by barana »

+1
"Its alright for god, he doesnt drive a kingswood.Even the nuns only have toranas"-Ted Bullpit
Me:yeah,corse,God's a Holden man
Mate:whaaa?
Me:Psalm 83:15 so pursue them with your Tempest and terrify them with your Storm
A Holden & a pontiac