Hex to Dec Calculator & other progs

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Ken

Hex to Dec Calculator & other progs

Post by Ken »

Was finishing up the last job tonight and thinking through what I have and haven't installed on the laptop I just fixed, thinking about what I use a lot, and remembered the trusty old hex calc, made by a german fellow, been using it since beta probably 12+ years ago, thought to myself I should see if he's updated it lately, only to find he's gone, dam..
It's a good standalone hex calc that you just copy to a folder and run, no installing needed, figured I'd put a copy of it here if anyone else needed one.
He still has a sight up, though looks like it's just a blog page now.
I couldn't find a valid download of it as all links seemed to lead to his non existent old websight.
Even wayback machine leads to his non existent homepage.
LucentHexCalc.zip
(260.44 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
Last edited by Ken on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The1

Re: Hex to Dec Calculator

Post by The1 »

nice, i just use windows calculator nowdays.
Ken

Re: Hex to Dec Calculator

Post by Ken »

Yeah I do on systems not mine, this one's just one less click to convert, type and it's done, I have a registry entry buried somewhere in the backups where it'd open on right click / shell extension, I'll post it if I find it, just required the app to be in my progs folder.

Another app I use a lot which doesn't need installing is CheckCRC32, just place it in a folder, open it once and it adds registry right click / shell extension entries to check the crc32 of anything you right click on. if you don't like it, it's also in the add/rem progs entry when it's been run once, it removes all reg entries then.
CheckCRC.zip
(215.27 KiB) Downloaded 245 times