Soldering iron and retro hardware

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Ken

Re: Soldering iron.

Post by Ken »

Yeah I figured the cpus may be of some worth, though most of them are P1's, no mmx's the durons are bottom of the range stuff, that box probably represents about 10% of what I have salvaged from wrecked out units overtime, plus I kind of need to cull some of this crap in stock..
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

yeah that link was to duron 800 which is more common and low end. The higher end ones might be worth more? But a lot of lower end stuff is sort after as many older games, DOS ones in particular are speed sensitive and need slower CPUs, so the low end late 90s stuff is very popular as they can be down clocked for DOS stuff and run normal or overclcoked for later games making them the ultimate one size fits all system. All these factors have driven their popularity and price.

I had a look at all the common CPUs you look to have and none were really less than 20 bucks each so I would sell those old and notable ones to enthusiasts and they all bleed when they see people scrapping them. And crap like celerons etc.. you can scrap. They will never be sort after unless you have a 300A.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
The1

Post by The1 »

if you have any working 386 or that vintage boards and cpu's etc ill pay depending, still trying to build one for my daughter to tinker on with Dos etc. As Vlad said all this stuff around that vintage is worth money especially working.
Ken

Post by Ken »

The1 wrote:if you have any working 386 or that vintage boards and cpu's etc ill pay depending, still trying to build one for my daughter to tinker on with Dos etc. As Vlad said all this stuff around that vintage is worth money especially working.
I do, plenty of Socket 3, with and without pci slots, a few 386 and a 286 board.
Plenty of 30 and 72 pin ram for either..
barana
cars: mitz L300
holdens i have owned
TD,TE TG gemini
HBII LC4 UC x2 torana
VH Commodore
EH Special

Post by barana »

Do you fellas have any SCSI DVD/CD burners?
30 pin ram? My retro computing club members might be interested, I can repost sizes and your contact details if you like..
"Its alright for god, he doesnt drive a kingswood.Even the nuns only have toranas"-Ted Bullpit
Me:yeah,corse,God's a Holden man
Mate:whaaa?
Me:Psalm 83:15 so pursue them with your Tempest and terrify them with your Storm
A Holden & a pontiac
Ken

Post by Ken »

barana wrote:Do you fellas have any SCSI DVD/CD burners?
30 pin ram? My retro computing club members might be interested, I can repost sizes and your contact details if you like..
30 Pin ram, too much, you don't want to know how much I've thrown, and what happened to the systems the ram was in...

The only scsi drives I have are just cd-roms, no burners, mostly 50 pin, some black off IBM servers that were cleared out of the Ansett terminal when they upgraded, the rest white.
Though I'm sure I probably have some external db25 caddy's.

The 4mb sticks of ram I'll probably keep, the 1mb and 256kb sticks I'd let go no probs. There's easily over 100 sticks in this lot.

Here's most of it.
30pinSim.JPG
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

How about a SCSI Sony SDT-7000 DDS2 tape drive? 4/8 Gb - so 4 Gb uncompressed, bigger than a cdrom, nearly as much as a single sided dvd? :)

Ive got a few video cards, paradise ega, trident (ugh) vga... and isa pcmcia adaptor which I used to use to run 2mbit wifi on a pc under linux since all(?) the original wifi cards were pcmcia with no direct isa hardware. A Pentium 2 333mhz slot 1 which I was keeping as an antique piece, no motherboard. I doubt more slot style cpus will ever be made!
Attachments
Sony SDT-7000 DDS2.jpg
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I just gave this away to a fellow retro PC guy.

A p3 slot one 500Mhz with BX440 board and 512MB of ram. Should of seen how happy the guy was :thumbup:

I just wanted someone to pick it up post haste as I didn't want to stuff around posting it and dick heads on ebay. So free to a good home quick smart or in the scrap was the other option. Having a big clean up at home atm so needed it gone as quick as possible.

I had no need or want for this era as it was too slow for my needs.

IMG_0585.JPG
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

oh wow, blast from the past here.

Threw away plenty of that stuff over the years. One of my favourites was an 16bit ISA Creative Labs sound card with onboard IDE controller for the 8x CDROM. Spent waaay too much time getting that all to work back in the day.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

sounds like typical creative to me lol.