Hello from in the NZ lockdown

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
delcowizzid

Hello from in the NZ lockdown

Post by delcowizzid »

Well that's it us kiwis are officially all on home detention lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Gampy

Re: Hello from in the NZ lockdown

Post by Gampy »

Crazy ...

Wonder how long people will tolerate it.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

"Crazy" seems to be the word of the week.

The shutdown is going to do a lot of damage. My ability to work from home is still pretty good but so far its looking like at least 80% of my April business disappeared on Monday night, customers who can't operate don't spend money.

Silver lining might be a lot of Quality Shed Time coming up in the next few weeks...
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

It's pretty screwed up but we need to do this now and avoid the fate of Italy and Spain and probably the US and Aussie who are heading on similar trajectories as Italy.

MY missus is working from home this week, her current task is to do an assessment on their customer base and do a stress analysis. Basically workout which companies will fail and how much their loss/exposure will be.

My employer has lost 50% of their orders for April as well but are still intent on operating through the lock down, not sure how as we are not an essential business but it seems most employers seem to think they are and will defeat the purpose of what the government is trying to achieve.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Latest news through the grapevine is that the army is setting up road blocks heading north out of Auckland. no doubt will be doing similar around the rest of the country.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Yep I've been on the scanner since the night before it's bloody chaos out there mobsters rolling people for the trollies full of groceries as they come out of the supermarket and all sorts of shit it's just call out after call out for the police. Last night cars were still getting stolen and burnt drunk drivers everywhere crashing
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
immortality

Post by immortality »

Cops are using digital radios here in Auckland so I can't hear em anymore.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Same here but I get the rest of the lower north to newplymouth
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

delcowizzid wrote:Yep I've been on the scanner since the night before it's bloody chaos out there mobsters rolling people for the trollies full of groceries as they come out of the supermarket and all sorts of shit it's just call out after call out for the police. Last night cars were still getting stolen and burnt drunk drivers everywhere crashing

I'm not a gun person.. but i feel this is something that might stop shit like that from happening.

Goes to show in times like this, expecting or waiting for help from others isn't a good things.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Been like 5 police chases in the last 2 hours